Error 403 everyday download quota exceeded

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

This has been going on for quite a while now and i cant take it any longer. Im using my rclone mount as a plex server i have seperate ones for different types of content such as 1 for movies and 1 for tv shows et. anyway everymorning when i wake up ive hit the google drive download limit i get the error "ERROR : IO error: open file failed: googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded" This is for every file i try to play. i was told to make a client id and secret so i did that and it still hits the limit. ive turned off auto scanning in plex and auto scanning in sonarr and radarr and it still hits. does anyone know why.
Could anyone guide me through the whole thing of helping me and give any suggestions to get this working

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 pro

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

C:\Users\brand\Desktop>E:\rclone\rclone mount Oldertvshows: tvshows --buffer-size=256M --vfs-cache-mode=writes --tpslimit 10 --cache-dir E:/rclone/TvshowsCache

I hope this helps and someone can help me

Sorry for asking this but is this a legit gsuite or workspace account. Because the problem you mentioned are mostly on the free college team drivers that people use.

Also try playing or downloading the file directly from the browser, does that work out or it also gives the same error?

hi,
you might try the recommend value of --vfs-cache-mode=full

Not OP, but I have legit GSuite account and I'm suffering the same issue.

Downloading files through browser works fine but downloading those from service accounts throws errors.

How much are you downloading per day?

This is an edu account and i cant play the file from the browser ive had rclone disabled for 2 days to stop all downloading and still get the error that number of playbacks has been exceeded

I havent been downloading anything per day i have plex and sonarr and radarr scanning but thats only 2 times per day and ive been through the github to find out the best setting im stuck on what to do

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.