Error 403: Download quota problem

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Hi, on Friday I realized that I could not play any video files from the gdrive account (any file, any folder), checking logs I saw:

ERROR : IO error: open file failed: googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded

I really don't remember making much use of it those days of uploading or playing files.
I was waiting a few days, believing that it could be a 24 hour ban, but I keep seeing the same error.
I can upload (copy) files correctly, but I can not download or playing.
Is a edu account gdrive and if I try download from browser, same issue.

Any help about it? Thanks in advance!

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.54.1
  • os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.8

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

>rclone mount --allow-other --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 64M --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off drive: q: --config "C:\Users\shinsgo\.config\rclone\rclone.conf" --vfs-cache-mode writes

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[drive]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"xxxx"}
team_drive = xxxx

A log from the command with the -vv flag

hello and welcome to the forum,

--allow-other does nothing on windows, so you can remove that.

as i understand it, edu accounts are pooled together with other users

did you created drive: did you create your own client id?

Hi!

I have not created the drive, but I created the rclone mount with my shared drive (called in my windows drive:)

I have not created also my own client id, should?

Thanks for the quick response

really, you need to do https://rclone.org/drive/#making-your-own-client-id

for a shared drive, you can get 403 errors, as other users can be downloading that file and affecting the quota.

Thanks, I will try to create a client_id

I am the only user in drive, in google drive website, on top, I see the name of shared drive, 1 people and the name of university.
So I think there are only administrator guy and me. I suppose...

Do you think I will be able to download and play files again?

really do not know, not a gdrive expert.

but we do have such experts, and i am sure one will stop by soon.

downloadQuotaExceeded
There are some different download quotas in drive each 24h, I think they are this ones (no one documented):
Download by one account is 2tb (10tb for your own files)
Download the files uploaded (or copied) from one account is 2tb. No matter who download, if several people downloads some files up to 2tb, all your files get locked
Download from one shared drive is 20tb total. No matter who downloaded (some domains have 40tb)

Something important, if you download only a small part of a file (like getting metadata with plex or kodi) it counts all the file size

Thanks, now I have more info about quotas.
But is normal that still locked all drive? More or less more than 5 days locked.

I can uploaded but not download

There are some domains that did something in their configuration and the quota doesn't reset in 24h (I don't know when). People studying at City College of San Francisco and Southwestern College, said sometimes the can't download files for several days

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.