[Errno 5] I/O error

output is exactly the same

When I execute this command it still says root on the left side.

Something isn't right then:

felix@gemini:/opt/docker$  docker exec --user abc -it bazarr bash
bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied
abc@361822c7647b:/$

LSIO images doesn't support --user yet. You need to get into it and sudo -u abc ls path.

there is no sudo in the container. su abc doesn't work either.

If you walk down your path, what are the permissions on each level at just the OS. No docker.

ls -ld /data
ls -ld /data/tvshows_shared
ls -ld /data/tvshows_shared/Game of Thrones

really don't know why the last one shows 755 honestly. i have it set to 777. but still it should be enough for bazarr to work properly

If you can please not post screenshots as they are super hard to read. Please use the code blocks.

So /data is a symbolic link back to something else.

ls -ld /srv
ls -ld /srv/mergerfs
ls -ld /srv/mergerfs/pool
ls -ls /srv/mergerfs/pool/gmedia

You have to validate the permissions down the chain and not just on the final file.

Sorry about the screenshot. Forgot. Going to bed right now but the permissions are all the same. From /srv all the way down everything is owned by root with chmod 777. I will send you proof tomorrow.

I agree.

If rclone returned an IO error there should be a reason in the log. This will be a line with ERROR in it.

I don't think that we've seen that yet have we?

ERROR : tvshows_shared/The Flash (2014)/Season 08/The Flash (2014) - S08E01 - Armageddon 1 [WEBDL-1080p].mkv: vfs cache: failed to download: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: unexpected EOF

What does this mean?

And this?

2022/07/31 07:45:50 ERROR : tvshows_shared/Arrow/Season 07/Arrow (2012) - S07E03 - Crossing Lines [Bluray-1080p][AAC 5.1][x265].mkv: vfs cache: failed to download: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: open file failed: Get "https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files/1OLiGuCXboXdGyiH5MxePt4K3VRcAqmVE?alt=media": oauth2: cannot fetch token: Post "https://oauth2.googleapis.com/token": dial tcp: lookup oauth2.googleapis.com on [fd00::1eed:6fff:fe31:4ddc]:53: read udp [2a02:a440:80a7:1:1ac0:4dff:fe89:a2c4]:49378->[fd00::1eed:6fff:fe31:4ddc]:53: i/o timeout

The errors only seem to happen in the tvshows_shared folder.

drwxrwx--- 1 appuser users    0 Nov 12  2021 demos
drwxrwx--- 3 appuser users 4096 Aug  1 19:32 movies
drwxrwx--- 3 appuser users 4096 Aug  1 19:41 movies_shared
drwxrwx--- 8 appuser users 4096 Jul 28 17:31 torrents
drwxrwx--- 3 appuser users 4096 Aug  1 20:05 tvshows
drwxrwx--- 1 appuser users    0 Dec 19  2021 tvshows_shared

I changed the permission structure btw so I can run everything as a different user than root. I am now doing it the recommended way for openmediavault according to the forums.

As you can see the tvshows_shared folder shows 0 bytes and the other folders (except demos but that doesn't get any subtitles) show 4096. Is that normal?

That means the file on the remote was corrupt / something wrong with it. Could be a transient error or could be a bad file on the remote.

That's a networking timeout trying to reach Google Drive API.

It's hard to tell as we are not sure what you've changed. It would depend on what those folders are / if they are rclone / if they are local / are they mergerfs. What does not getting subtitles mean? It didn't scan them? It didn't find any?

I mean the demos folder is excluded by bazarr. I can play the files in plex without problems that give the errors in the logs though.

But that 'eof' error must be what's giving the error in bazarr.

Bazarr just runs a ffprobe on the file so we've covered that work.

I'm still not sure what you've changed nor what problem we're trying to solve if the original topic is fixed or is not?

In fact the exception trace provided happened when the search for subtitles was calculating hash value to send to opensubtitles. It's unrelated to ffprobe.

I was referring back to the original message/error in relation to the first post:

Which was the issue I thought we solved and not sure what we are fixing now.

I'm not sure what's changed nor what problem we are trying to address.

If the OP issue is solved as the permissions are corrected, best to make a new post / new problem statement and go from there as this just adds to confusion / wastes time from folks.

1 Like

The original problem is not fixed. I am still getting the io errors in bazarr. Turns out those errors are unrelated to permissions because those are correct. The rclone logs show that the exact same files that are getting io errors in bazarr are also getting errors in rclone logs.