Endless loop of retries from file write from Excel VBS

System:
Parallels Version 16.0.1 (48919) VM running on iMac macOS 10.15.6 (19G2021)
VM has 2 cores and 8 GB RAM. It is only used for Office, and has no other software installed
Windows 10 Pro v1909 Build 18363.1082
Latest system updates as of this AM
rclone v1.53.1

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.15

Goal:
Mount S3 bucket at login or on command
Daily overwrite of small CSV file generated in Excel via VBS. The script writes to the volume.

Config options, starting after naming:
4- S3
1- AWS
1- enter keys
access key
secret key
1- USA east
blank- default endpoint
1- USA east
4- Owner full access. Auth users read. An AWS python app with an authed IAM role reads the csv every day, but doesn’t require write access.
1- no encryption
1- no KMS
2- standard storage

Command used to access is:

.\rclone mount NAME:BUCKET\FOLDER Q: --vfs-cache-mode full`

So it becomes the Q drive

All that works fine, and the VBS script writes to the volume/bucket either via overwrite or not. I also seem to have full control via FIle Explorer.

The problem is that it keeps retrying to upload the file every 5 minutes whenever I restart the service

2020/09/15 08:28:47 ERROR : FILENAME.csv: vfs cache: failed to upload try #15, will retry in 5m0s: vfs cache: failed to transfer file from cache to remote: s3 upload: 403 Forbidden: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>REQID</RequestId><HostId>HOSTID=</HostId></Error>

FWIW, it doesn’t matter if I overwrite, or delete the old file first via File Explorer.

Thanks. Is this a cache issue? The file is only 25kb, so I’m not sure I even need the cache

Why do you think it is getting access denied for that file?

Can you upload files not using the mount so just using rclone copy file.txt NAME:BUCKET\FOLDER ?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.