Dropbox Unlimited to be Limited to 35TB

The Register has the details of when the change is likely to take place and how:

New customers will be limited to 15 TB, existing users with less than 35 TB can keep for 5 years. Existing users with more than 35 TB will have a conversation about their needs.

1 Like

Yeah, we got the info yesterday in another thread

And here is the blog post from Dropbox

1 Like

I have 23tb used of my 253TB in my dropbox advanced plan. Few supports member said to me i will be able to keep my entire available space for 5 years but i don't know if is true according what i read in the blog. Will see

2 Likes

Theyā€™re keeping it intentionally confusing and vague so they donā€™t promise anything and get screwed

1 Like

That's good feedback. I have yet to check mine.

1 Like

Finally all the datahorders destroyed it for the rest .

ā€œMe me me meā€ ā€¦.

2 Likes

Or it's the perfect setup for Dropbox to start special $$contracts$$ for people over 35TB.

1 Like

Here is what's stupid. DropBox does not delete your data, so if you already have the space allocated to you, they should just cap you at whatever you have allocated to you if your above 35tb/user and just charge you the normal fee. If they want a ton more money, and you end up not wanting to pay it, and stop the subscription, you will no longer be able to write anymore data, but you will still be able to access your data on an individual plan. It will just show your over your storage, but they wont delete it.

Point is, since they dont delete data, just grandfather the accounts and move on. The whole "we will reach out to you" is so they can get more $$$ from you.

1 Like

This I also what I experienced.
I was with LayerOnline, got 56TB at my Dropbox Space as they cancelled the LayerOnline accounts but the data was not erased, the mount was and is still working
I can delete but not write