Dropbox Transfers

Now I'm using a while Dropbox and I'm very happy,
Thank you so much rClone and Team,

rclone mount Dropbox: /www/wwwroot/videos/box --daemon --allow-other --poll-interval 10s --tpslimit 12 --tpslimit-burst 12 --dir-cache-time 5000h --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-age 150h --vfs-cache-max-size 100G --cache-dir /www/wwwroot/cache --transfers 64

this is my mount cmd and working perfect, only have a minor issue, as I'm converting videos using ffpmeg in small chunks (.ts files ), every single video have a lot of small file, sometime it take while to upload on Dropbox,
My question is, I'm using

--transfers 64

and i have a powerful server can i increase this transfers rate?

Thanks you so much again

1 Like

You can increase the transfers. Keep an eye on the log though to make sure you aren't getting errors from dropbox as at some point they will start rate limiting you.

1 Like

Thank you so much i will change it with 100,
Please also guide me how to check log?
sorry for very basic question but i never did that before

Add --log-file rclone.log and check the rclone.log file for ERRORs and other warnings.

1 Like

hi,
to reduce the amount of rate limiting,
should create your own client id, as documented here

hi, with rclone mount, which modes of --dropbox-batch-mode are allowed?

Hey @asdffdsa thank you for your reply, but i really dont understand what you asked, previously i follow up your instruction and all working file except a small issue,
Please guide me further what is --dropbox-batch-mode use for?
im gonna create my own client id, thanks

about the batch mode, take a read of this
and not sure if that works with rclone mount

to add app key and secret i have to run again rclone config? or i can add these entries in rclone config file directly?

Thanks

best to use rclone config, less chance of copy/paste and other problems.

i read these docs and i think i need to activate batch mod, as i understand batch mod configuration is with rclone config > advance setting, but need to confirm before use it may be @ncw or @Animosity022 could help me more to understand batch mod,
thanks

also want to mention that my file size is 600 to 1200KB, may this help with add batch mod sync/ async,

for the remote, either use
--- rclone config > advance setting
--- add the flag to the rclone command, --dropbox-batch-mode=sync

what is your specific question?

Thanks @asdffdsa
In advance setting its asking many more things like below

--dropbox-token
--dropbox-auth-url
--dropbox-token-url
--dropbox-chunk-size
--dropbox-batch-size
--dropbox-batch-timeout

do i need these flag also?
if yes then first i have to add them via rclone config and then use as a flag in mount cmd?

the default for --dropbox-batch-mode is sync
i would use that and not make any changes to the config file.
and your rclone command is good, not need to change that.

make sure to check the log file for errors, pacer or other such messages.

1 Like

Thank you this batch mod really helping me also got log file to see what happening,
Thanks again

@asdffdsa now its start strange behave, files are converted and upload on dropbox but it does not appear in mounted folder
any idea?

how are you uploading the files?
what is the exact command?

rclone mount Dropbox: /www/wwwroot/videos/box --daemon --allow-other --poll-interval 10s --tpslimit 12 --tpslimit-burst 12 --dir-cache-time 5000h --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-age 150h --vfs-cache-max-size 5000G --cache-dir /www/wwwroot/cache --transfers 200 --log-file /www/wwwroot/rclone.log --dropbox-batch-mode sync

and i connected 2 server with same dropbox and uploading on dropbox from both servers.
files are uploading fast on dropbox but they dont appear in mounted folder on both servers.

sorry, not understanding???

means i have 2 dedicated servers and mounted same dropbox on both and converting videos and trying to upload.
after connected second server this issue appear