Dropbox own App ID

I tried to follow https://rclone.org/dropbox/#get-your-own-dropbox-app-id in creating my own dropbox app id for rclone to use. Everything was successful, and my rclone.conf file is something like:

[dropbox]
type = dropbox
token = {"access_token":"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX","token_type":"bearer","expiry":"0001-01-01T00:00:00Z"}
client_id = XXXXXXXXXX
client_secret = XXXXXXXXXX

However, it seems that rather than having access only to the specific folder in dropbox:Apps/, rclone still have access to my entire dropbox.

In fact, I found that even if I changed the client_secret to something else, it doesn't prevent me from accessing my dropbox folder.

Can someone explain to me how it works and whether it's possible at all to limit rclone access to one specific folder in Dropbox?

Many thanks,

Tim

Actually I solved the problem. I found that if I rclone config anew rather than modify an existing dropbox config, then I sync only to the desired folder.

1 Like

Probably re-authing on the existing one would have worked rclone config reconnect remote:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.