Dropbox for Business how do I backup of all company folders

Hi, I’m trying to set up rclone to backup all the files in my companies Dropbox folders to S3 however when I list the contents of my default folder in:

#rclone lsd dropbox:

I only get a list of the files in my own sub folder ( which I imagine Dropbox treats as my default folder since it’s the same one I end up in when using a web browser ).

Is it possible to list ( and therefore grab files from ) the top level, to clarify, when I login to Dropbox in the web browser I need to go to Admin Console>Content to be able to list all the company files.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer :pray:

This isn’t possible at the moment.

I don’t know how the dropbox business stuff differes from the dropbox personal stuff. There seem to be quite a lot of APIs for the business endpoint!

Can you please make a new issue on github about this and if you’ve got time to do any research into APIs that would be most appreciated!

Wow that was a fast reply!

I did wonder if that might be the case.

I’ll certainly open an issue and see what I can find out about the APIs although I’m more a networks and servers guy than a programmer ( i.e. a bear of very little brain https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/142015-when-you-are-a-bear-of-very-little-brain-and ) but I’ll do my best :slight_smile:

1 Like