Download Quota Exceeded

I have been battling this error for the past month and can't figure out why. I keep getting the Quota Exceeded error with Google Drive.

I have changed my VPS servers and script to match others that aren't having any issues. I am using rclone with gdrive and every Sunday I get "banned" which lasts it lasts 12-48 hrs. I am using rclone v1.51.0 and my latest script is "rclone mount --allow-non-empty --buffer-size 1G --fast-list --dir-cache-time 96h redplex: /home/*****/mnt/gdrive/ &". I have changed my Plex, Sonarr, and Radarr settings to what I have been able to find thus far to be optimal and not scan so often. Just odd that it is every Sunday.

I have reviewed my API hits which aren't anywhere near the limits. Through my VPS provider I have reviewed my data usage and they aren't anywhere near the limits of the 750gb/10TB that have been mentioned in the past for Google.

Any thoughts on where to look/fix next would be appreciated!

Which quota error? Log?

googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded

That isn't the 750G download quota error. That is saying you've downloaded that particular file (or potentially chunks of it) too much.

It's odd that it happens on Sunday. So you share the drive or media?

I don't share with anyone and I get the same error for all of my files on gdrive. Even created a new rclone remote with new client ID/Secret while deleting the old one just to be sure someone wasn't using my creds. Also tried going through drive.google.com but get the same error on most/all of the files I tired.

Just to add, I even have pdf files in my drive that I am getting the same error on when trying to download them from drive.google.com.

You'd want to pick that one file and check your drive audit log, see how many times you downloaded it on Sunday.

Perhaps you something downloading it far too much on that day if it's repeatable.

Thank you for the help and mention of the audit log. Found that it was Google File Stream causing the issue.

1 Like

If you have 403 errors in all your files, it's not the per file quota so it's probably something else that is messing up a lot.

Mind sharing how you achieved that using gdrive file stream?

I had File Stream specifically targeting a Photos folder. At some point it changed and was constantly downloading and caching my Plex files. What limit I was really hitting, not really sure. My internet speed isn't fast enough to hit the 750gb limit and the API dashboards weren't showing any limits being hit either.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.