Double quotes in external ssh command will produce a warning

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Double quotes in external ssh command will produce a warning. Tested different ways of escaping them but to no avail. Such as:

• "
  • ""
  • """
  • """"
  • \"
  • \\"

NOTE: In Windows we can't use single quotes in ssh -o unfortunately.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.66.0

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 11 Education 23H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.22631.3296 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.22.1
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

sftp

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy --progress --multi-thread-streams=10 --fast-list --exclude "*/node_modules/" server:/Code/ ./
local_code

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

[server]
type = sftp
shell_type = unix
md5sum_command = md5sum
sha1sum_command = sha1sum
ssh = ssh.exe -o ProxyCommand="C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap\ncat.exe --verbose --proxy-type socks5 --proxy 127.0.0.1:10808 %h %p" XXX@XXX

A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag

2024/04/27 15:06:01 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.66.0" starting with parameters ["A:\\Apps\\rclone\\rclone" "copy" "--progress" "--multi-thread-streams=10" "--fast-list" "--exclude" "*/node_modules/" "server:/Code/" "./local_code" "-vv"]
2024/04/27 15:06:01 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "server:/Code/"
2024/04/27 15:06:01 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\\Users\\S\\AppData\\Roaming\\rclone\\rclone.conf"
2024/04/27 15:06:01 Failed to create file system for "server:/Code/": couldn't parse config item "ssh" = "ssh.exe -o ProxyCommand=\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Nmap\\ncat.exe --verbose --proxy-type socks5 --proxy 127.0.0.1:10808 %h %p\" XXX@XXX" as fs.SpaceSepList: parsing "ssh.exe -o ProxyCommand=\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Nmap\\ncat.exe --verbose --proxy-type socks5 --proxy 127.0.0.1:10808 %h %p\" XXX@XXX" as fs.SpaceSepList failed: bare " in non-quoted-field

More information

You might ask me why are you insisting on using external ssh and not use internal ssh?
Well I have tried this:

[server]
type = sftp
host = XXX
user = XXX
port = 22
key_file = C:\\cygwin64\\home\\S\\.ssh\\id_rsa
shell_type = unix
md5sum_command = md5sum
sha1sum_command = sha1sum
socks_proxy = 127.0.0.1:10808

But the issue is that the speed is around 5 KB/s. My proxy is really good, my internet is really good, and my server has really good speeds. And I can confirm that using rsync and same proxy I can copy files really fast. I don't know what seems to be the issue with rclone's proxy or rclone's internal ssh, so I just have to try external ssh. I like rclone for multi-thread speeds.

Does moving the initial quote from end to start of ProxyCommand work?

ssh.exe -o "ProxyCommand=C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap\ncat.exe --verbose --proxy-type socks5 --proxy 127.0.0.1:10808 %h %p" XXX@XXX

Funny how that works! O_O
Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.