Does "rclone move" transfer new files, put in the source folder, after running the command?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Not necessarily a problem.
I'm wondering if the "rclone move" command moves/transfers new files, after putting them into the source directory, AFTER running the command?
E.g.
I run a rclone move command, rclone move /source/folder/ dest-g:folder/.
After it has been running for a while, I put new files and folders into the /source/folder
Will rclone "detect" the new folders, and move them as well, or will I have to restart the command for rclone to register the new folders/files?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.55.1
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.16.3
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Debian GNU/Linux 9.13 (stretch) [x86_64]

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone move /media/sdm1/user/private/folder/data/local/ gcd-node:user/local -v --stats=3s --transfers=2 --drive-use-trash --bwlimit=8.5M --order-by size,asc

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Not relevant

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Don't think it's relevant for my question

In general, no, you'd re-run the command as your sync is a snapshot in time of when it was executed. Depending on how many files and how many folders, it's possible it may get a new file added to the mix and moved, but in general, I'd say no.

1 Like

Ah alright.
Is there any option for rclone to discover new files/folders as the command runs? It would be nice, so I wouldn't have to interrupt a running upload in progress :slight_smile:

You'd just re-run the copy/sync command again as that's the best way to deal with that.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.