Documentation of the '--log-file' switch: specify that the file will be appended to?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

The documentation seems not to specify - what is in fact the case - that rclone will append to, as against overwrite, any extant specified log-file.

NB: no category seems to suit my problem, but the 'no exceptions!' boiler-plate warning makes me feel I must fill in the template below.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.60.0

• os/version: linuxmint 21 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.15.0-52-generic (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.19.2
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Are you on the latest version of rclone? You can validate by checking the version listed here: Rclone downloads
--> I am, yes.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

b2 (but: irrelevant).

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync /home/<redacted> enc-b2:/x1/current/home/<redacted> --fast-list --local-no-check-updated --one-file-system --skip-links --checkers=9 --drive-chunk-size=256K --log-level=NOTICE --retries=5 --timeout=2m --tpslimit-burst=1 --tpslimit=0 --transfers=6 --b2-hard-delete --filter-from=/home/<redacted>/<redacted>/Backup/BackupSetup/rclone/lists/dots_filter-from --max-depth=7 --max-size=20M --backup-dir=enc-b2:/x1/old/m11d12/home/<redacted> --bwlimit=3M --log-file /tmp/rclone_test_t4y -P --stats=0 --stats-one-line

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Irrelevant, surely.

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Irrelevant, surely.

It's documented here:

Evidently, I had failed to find that part of the documentation. Thank you.

Would it be good to have a template for questions/points about documentation?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.