Docker volume plugin is apparently missing some vfs options

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm trying to set up a docker volume using the rclone volume plugin, but unfortunately the vfs-cache-min-free-space and vfs-fast-fingerprint options don't seem to be supported. I always get the following error:

$ docker volume create example \
  -d rclone \
  -o type=sftp \
  -o uid=1000 \
  -o gid=1000 \
  -o allow-other=true \
  -o default-permissions=true \
  -o sftp-host=example.com \
  -o sftp-user=jonas \
  -o sftp-key-file=/home/jonas/.ssh/example \
  -o dir-cache-time=1m \
  -o vfs-cache-mode=full \
  -o vfs-cache-max-age=24h \
  -o vfs-cache-min-free-space=100G \
  -o vfs-fast-fingerprint=true
Error response from daemon: create example: VolumeDriver.Create: unsupported backend option "vfs-cache-min-free-space"

Sometimes the error is the one above, sometimes the error is:

Error response from daemon: create example: VolumeDriver.Create: unsupported backend option "vfs-fast-fingerprint"

I can't find any documentation anywhere about if or why those two options are not supported. Looking at the docs they seem to be supported just as vfs-cache-max-age is.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.66.0
- os/version: debian 12.5 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 6.1.0-20-amd64 (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.22.1
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

sftp

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

docker volume create example -d rclone -o type=sftp -o uid=1000 -o gid=1000 -o allow-other=true -o default-permissions=true -o sftp-host=example.com -o sftp-user=jonas -o sftp-key-file=/home/jonas/.ssh/example -o dir-cache-time=1m -o vfs-cache-mode=full -o vfs-cache-max-age=24h -o vfs-cache-min-free-space=100G -o vfs-fast-fingerprint=true

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

I'm not using an rclone config file. All the options are supplied using docker volume driver options as seen above.

A log from the command with the -vv flag

I don't think this is possible when creating a docker volume. Let me know if there is a way.

I have just looked through the source code and it looks like some vfs options are not implemented at all: rclone/cmd/serve/docker/options.go at 9fa610088f00337264a9f4edd57694cfcc0b51ba · rclone/rclone · GitHub

They are definitely missing. If it's as simple as adding a few switch cases I could try making a PR?

Oh and if anyone is wondering: I am running the rclone volume plugin as a systemd service, NOT inside of a container. This is why I don't see any problems in using or "allowing" the vfs-cache-min-free-space option.