Directory freezes when rclone mounted

when mounting to the /gdrive/GD_1 or similar directories on two of my mounts it will work fine but on the others it will cause ubuntu to freeze up. When it does this I cant enter the GD_1 directory or do a ls in the gdrive directory.
Any ideas why this could be happening and what i can do to resolve it? It was working fine until I restarted my machine. I have tried it on a different system and was able to replicate the problem. There is no output in the log file rclone v1.51.0.

rclone mount --bind 2a01:8740:1:fd0d::3 --log-file /opt/rclone/logs/gdriverclone1.log --dir-cache-time 24h --vfs-read-chunk-size 16M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 2G --buffer-size 512M --log-level INFO gdrive1: /gdrive/GD_1 --user-agent='Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/74.0.3729.131 Safari/537.36': &

Best to use the question template as it has some things to fill out.

If you can replicate the problem, please make sure to use -vv and share a debug log of the mount and include the steps to replicate the issue.

This is probably a deadlock of some kind. Can you try the latest beta and see if that works? If not then kill the rclone mount with kill -QUIT <insertpidhere> and post the backtrace that is produced.

I have narrowed down the issue slightly. Binding to an ipv6 address doesn't seem to work but to an ipv4 is fine.
However my ipv6 is working correctly.

Maybe your IPv6 is working properly but Google drive's isn't?

If you look at a log with -vv you should be able to see what is going on.

It ended up looking like some kind of routing problem between the datacenter and gdrive over ipv6.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.