Dedupe -vv debug lines?

2022/08/27 09:57:52 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.58.0" starting with parameters ["C:\\Program Files (x86)\\rclone\\rclone.exe" "dedupe" "--by-hash" "--dedupe-mode" "newest" "remote:" "--dry-run" "-vv"]
2022/08/27 09:57:52 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "remote:"
2022/08/27 09:57:52 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\\Users\\Tony\\.config\\rclone\\rclone.conf"
2022/08/27 09:57:52 INFO  : pcloud root '': Looking for duplicate md5 hashes using newest mode.

My prompt has been sitting at the above for over an hour, I thought -vv would give me details as to whats its doing during this ": Looking for duplicate md5 hashes using newest mode" ? or do I also need to use loglevel?

at that point in the debug log, rclone is scanning remote:.
once rclone has finished calculating the md5 of very file in remote:,
then rclone will output to the log,

note: rclone does the same with rclone sync, for example, here, rclone does not any of the files it checks.
once all the checks are done, rclone will output to the log, as it copies/moves/deletes files.
DEBUG : Encrypted drive 'wasabi_en-calibre-crypt:rclone/backup': Waiting for checks to finish

-vv is the same as --log-level=DEBUG
and based on that log, rclone is already outputting DEBUG entries.

Okay - thanks - still think it would be good to print some status indicator every so often just to ensure its not hung etc.

i agree.

no idea but might try --progress or -stats=1m

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.