Decrypt error on rclone trying to list and mount directory linux_noob

So long time lurker First time poster:
I am running 2 ubuntu 16.04 with one dedicated (rcloneServer 1) to all the heavy lifting and another I am using as my CloudServer.(2)
rclone 1.36
rclone is up and running on Server 1 and working well. I copied the ~/.config/rclone/rclone.conf to server 2 and ran rclone to see if everything looked the same and it did.
Keep getting this error

PlexCloud:~$ rclone lsd acdcrypt:Movies
2017/05/02 10:41:07 Failed to create file system for “acdcrypt:Movies”: failed to decrypt password: base64 decode failed: illegal base64 data at input byte 99
I did try and mount on server 1 to see if that works plex sees the folder but it is empty.
This is the command I tried for that
$ rclone mount acdcrypt:Movies /home/kevin/acdcrypt:Movies

The mount directory must exist firstly. I’m concerned with that colon in the middle of your directory acdcrypt:Movies.
Secondly, you should include a slash in the first one, so it shows like this:

mkdir /home/kevin/acdcrypt-movies
rclone mount acdcrypt:/Movies /home/kevin/acdcrypt-movies

Try that and let me know how it comes out for you.

First thanks so much for the help I ran those commands and it seems to be mounted but the folder is still empty on plex.

Once it mounts, you’ll have to restart plex. Plex is extremely touchy with regards to mounts / dismounts.

Still empty I stopped and restarted Plex.

Folders for all movies is displayed

on each server, it displays all properly with rclone lsd?

Server 2 gives me the password error as stated in first post

yah, okay, so you’ll have to create your config file from scratch on Server 2. Delete the one you copied to it, and just go through all the steps. It should work after.

rclone config

same error
kevin@PlexCloud:~$ rclone lsd acdcrypt:Movies
2017/05/02 11:53:13 Failed to create file system for “acdcrypt:Movies”: failed to decrypt password: base64 decode failed: illegal base64 data at input byte 99

Is this a server that you can reinstall from scratch? I’m thinking that maybe your rclone install got corrupted.

Server 2 I could wipe I guess> fresh install coming

Fresh install same error
Failed to create file system for “acdcrypt:”: failed to decrypt password: base64 decode failed: illegal base64 data at input byte 68

corrupt config file for rclone is my guess. Check it… Does it have the correct keys? Have you verified the keys?

I am not sure how I verify keys

It looks like you are trying to mount or access existing data on acd. Go to the server it is working on and copy that config file to the new server. I think the default is still $HOME/.rclone.conf.

It is ~/.config/rclone/rclone.conf
And when I copy it over (S2) and then go to check the (S1) rclone config its exactly the same

try explicitly specifying it like this:

rclone --config /absolute/directory/to/the/.rclone.conf lsd remote:

when I run rclone -h there is no --config so I can see where the location is

HS -> rclone -h 2>&1 | grep conf
and configuration walkthroughs.
config Enter an interactive configuration session.
listremotes List all the remotes in the config file.
obscure Obscure password for use in the rclone.conf
–ask-password Allow prompt for password for encrypted configuration. (default true)
–config string Config file. (default “/home/robert/.rclone.conf”)