Dangling Shortcut error causes some files in the folder to not copy

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm attempting to move files from a users My Drive folder to a Shared Drive. There are folders within folders and shortcuts to folders involved which makes this all a little complex. Some files not copying due to a Dangling Shortcut error.

Other files in the same folder copy successfully. There doesn't appear to be any difference between file permissions in these folder. My understanding is that the Dangling Shortcut error indicates a broken shortcut.

This folder (Submission 2) is located via a shortcut however I assumed either all files would copy across or none.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.63.0

• os/version: Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 21H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.20348.1787 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.20.5
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy --drive-impersonate lorXXXXX usergdrive:"NAC" NAC: --log-file=LoToNAC1.txt --log-level NOTICE

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[SNAC]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"removed","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"removed","expiry":"2023-07-12T16:23:46.9016905+10:00"}
team_drive = removed
root_folder_id = 

[usergdrive]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"removed","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"removed","expiry":"2023-07-06T09:29:27.0363328+10:00"}
team_drive = 
service_account_file = C:\rclone-v1.57.0-windows-amd64\rclone-REMOVED.json

A log from the command with the -vv flag

//REMOVED THOUSANDS OF PREVIOUS LINES
2023/07/12 16:08:57 DEBUG : REMOVED/Submission 2/HaiAT1-GG.pdf: Size and modification time the same (differ by 0s, within tolerance 1ms)
2023/07/12 16:08:57 DEBUG : REMOVED/Submission 2/HaiAT1-GG.pdf: Unchanged skipping
2023/07/12 16:08:57 ERROR : REMOVED/Submission 2/TyrSub2GG.pdf: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: can't read dangling shortcut
2023/07/12 16:08:57 DEBUG : REMOVED/Submission 2/LorSub2GG.pdf: Size and modification time the same (differ by 0s, within tolerance 1ms)

Thanks for that. I'd already seen that post but one of the files in particular that's throwing this error is a .pdf that exists in the same folder where other .pdf's successfully copied across. It's not a shortcut to another location.

That is odd indeed.

Rclone believes it is a shortcut somehow.

Can you do rclone lsjson --stat remote:path/to/dir/file please and post the result? If the ID there is made of two tab separated IDs then rclone things it is a shortcut.

Next thing to to do would be rclone lsf remote:path/to/dir/ -vv --dump bodies and paste that output here. Redact as necessary!

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.