Cryptomator container in rclone Gdrive mount

Hello i want to use a cryptomator container in rclone mount.
I would like to use cryptomator for the encryption so that I can open the container on the iphone with the Cryptomator app.
Now I wanted to ask if I should use rclone cache or rclone vfs alone? It’s just about that I want to write with cryptomator so synonymous directly on the mount.
So far, I have mounted the cache with this command.
rclone mount crypto_cache: /mnt/rclone/ --allow-other --dir-cache-time 12h --drive-chunk-size 32M --log-level INFO --log-file /home/logs/rclone.log --umask 002 --vfs-read-chunk-size 64M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off --vfs-cache-mode full
Changes that I make on the iphone with cryptomator are unfortunately not updated on the computer.
Maybe someone has a recommendation for me?

What does it look like on drive - lots of little files, or one big file or something in between?

I’d try without the cache.

It looks like lots of little files.

It should work well with the vfs I think. Check out the

--dir-cache-time duration            Time to cache directory entries for. (default 5m0s)

This shouldn’t matter with drive as rclone listens to change events so in theory you can set it very high, but you may prefer to keep it lower.

ah okay thx for your info. I will test a little bit.
I want also test with big files like Proxmox Backups (vzdumps) and push them directly on the rclone mount.
But with big files (vzdumps 20GB-50GB) i use better rclone cache ?

rclone copy is the recommended way of uploading files if you can as it can control the retry process better.

VFS should work fine here too. You could use --vfs-cache-mode writes if you aren’t already which will locally cache the file before uploading so it can retry.