Crontab without a script?

Hi, I have a seedbox where I have ssh acces. I would like to do an rclone scheduling without writing a script (I don’t know very well linux terminal), because I do not know how. Is it possibile to do directly a crontab?

*/30 * * * * rclone copy source:sourcepath dest:destpath

Will that work?

it working, but use full path in every case (and recommended add the log switch):

eg: */30 * * * * /usr/bin/rclone copy source:sourcepath dest:destpath -v --log-file=/path/to log file/

But i recommended that use a script. It is not so complicated and much better with stability. (you able to add line that is check if the copy process aborted, and restart it, etc…)

Thank you!
What log switch is? A log file is created? On ‘‘path’’ and ‘‘to’’ of the log what should I write?

Is there a tutorial or a copy paste ‘‘how to’’ about creating a script+crontab for rclone?

Hi, I am using this
0,30 * * * * flock -n /media/sdr1/poiu0/rclone_lock rclone copy /media/sdr1/poiu0/private/rtorrent/data/Plex gdrive:

but it doesn’t work, what am I doing wrong?

What does the log say ?

I don’t have logs, with log should I write this inside cron tab?

0,30 * * * * flock -n /media/sdr1/poiu0/rclone_lock rclone copy /media/sdr1/poiu0/private/rtorrent/data/Plex gdrive: -v --log-file=/media/sdr1/poiu0

I don’t know what flock do, but someone told me that I should write that in order to avoid two ‘‘copy’’ at the same time.

This is the ‘‘mail’’ that I have ‘‘flock: failed to execute rclone: No such file or directory’’

UPDATE: now it works, I used

0,30 * * * * flock -n /media/sdr1/poiu0/rclone_lock /media/sdr1/poiu0/bin/rclone copy /media/sdr1/poiu0/private/rtorrent/data/Plex gdrive: -v --log-file=/media/sdr1/poiu0/test.log

The problem was that I had to write all the path and not only ‘‘rclone’’, and that I had to create a new log file.

1 Like