Could someone check my settings?

Hi All!

So I’m currently moving from File Stream to rclone… I’ve got everything setup and it works, but just wondering if I should change anything. The reason I ask is because I read so much stuff from posts over the last year with regards to cache, vfs, don’t use cache, do use cache, cache is obsolete now due to vfs, etc… There’s no definitive guide, and it’s a lot of trial and error, so a little confusing for new users like me :slight_smile:

Anyway, here’s my situation / setup:

• GSuite (~30TB)
  • Plex runs on a dedicated windows machine
  • Gigabit connection
  • I’m using rclone to mount GDrive read only for Plex
  • I’m using File Stream for sonarr / radarr to upload to GDrive (this always worked for me and didn’t cause bans, and if it ain’t broke…)
    That’s it, pretty simple really.

I’ve setup my own API key, and used suggested mount commands --allow-other --dir-cache-time 96h --drive-chunk-size 32M, as per this this post:

My config file is as follows:

[GDrive]
type = drive
client_id = ***********
client_secret = *************
scope = drive.readonly
root_folder_id = **************
token = ************

I haven’t setup cache / utilized any vfs stuff.

Everything seems to work fine. But I feel this is super simple compared to what a lot of people are doing. So have a missed something? Would I get better performance using some kind of cache? Or is it kinda, if it works for you then stick with it? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Nope. Looks good to me. I keep mine simple. I enable vfs writes but that is for my use case.

Cool!
Thanks for the reply… This was simpler than I thought, lol.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.