Could somebody help a newbie please

So i have been trying to move my plex server from my windows pc to my raspberry pi for the past few days. I have been following the guide from Bytesized hosting named Setting Up Google Drive With Rclone Cache And Crypt to add the remotes. i added the drive and the cache but not the encrypt. but when i run this

rclone mount gcache: ~/mnt/gdrive --allow-other --cache-db-purge --allow-non-empty --buffer-size 32M --use-mmap --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 16M --timeout 1h --vfs-cache-mode minimal --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 1G &

it comes back with this error

Failed to create file system for "gcache" : failed to parse remote "my drive:/gdrive" to wrap: didnt find section in config file.

ive checked in /mnt and it is not there

if anyone could help me out it would help me alot. sorry if this is an easy fix

hello and welcome to the forum,

that guide out of date and one of many of such guides on the internet

https://rclone.org/cache/#status
"only using the cache backend if you find you can't work without it."

almost always, --allow-non-empty is not a good idea for a mount.

when i type rclone lsd test-cache it comes back with the error
ERROR: : : errorlisting:directory not found
Failed to lsd with 2 errors: last error was: directory not found

remotes need to have a :
perhaps try
rclone lsd test-cache:

but again, really, there is no need for cache backend, it never left beta, has bugs that will never be fixed, soon to be depreciated forever and is not need for plex

comes back with
failed to create file system for "test-cache:" : failed to parse remote"Brandons drive:test"to wrap: didnt find section in config file

do a rclone listremotes and post the output

test-cache:
gdrive:

no need for the cache backend, so try

rclone mount gdrive: ~/mnt/gdrive and test

back with
Fatal errror: can not open: /home/pi/mnt/gdrive: open /home/pi/mnt/gdrive: no such file or directory

that dir needs to exist, so make the dir
mkdir /home/pi/mnt/gdrive

says mkdir: cannot create directory '/home/pi/mnt/gdrive': No such file or directory

post the command and the output
perhaps mkdir /mnt/gdrive, not ~/mnt/gdrive

mkdir /home/pi/mnt/gdrive
mkdir:cannot create directory '/home/pi/mnt/gdrive': no such file or directory

its working i manually added the folders and its working

good, it is working now

i can see the files now so yes i think it is. Thank you so much ive been trying this for 3 days now. :slight_smile:

3 days well spent!

my motto is:
learn and return :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.