Correct mountname for paths with back/forward slash

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

When performing a migration I've been getting errors 'Source not found'. After looking up the source I found out that folder names included forward slashes such as 'Documentation for IT/OT'. When removing and/or changing that to 'Documentation for IT\OT' migration is successful.

So the question I have is what is the best solution to prevent this situation? I can't rename all folder names so how should I handle such mount names? I wish I could just use folder ID's instead of folder name/path

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows10

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone --drive-impersonate account@domain copy "gdrive_4248780:Mainfolder/subfolder A/Documentation for IT/OT/" "SD_4248780:Documentation for IT/OT/" --drive-server-side-across-configs --progress --create-empty-src-dirs --drive-skip-shortcuts --log-level DEBUG --log-file log.txt```

[SD_4248780]
type = drive
client_id = ...
client_secret = ...
scope = drive
service_account_file = C:\local...
team_drive = ....
server_side_across_configs = true

[gdrive_4248780]
type = drive
scope = drive
client_id =
client_secret =
service_account_file = C:\local\

If a google drive name has a / in it then you can refer to it with its unicode equivalent and rclone will understand to translate that back to / when loading and storing things on google drive.

woaaa.. :exploding_head: is there a difference between those two? What unicode character is this?

Strictly speaking it is a FULLWIDTH SOLIDUS

I don't know how to type it so I usually copy and paste it from that page!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.