Copying from my paid gdrive to my alumni gdrive

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am trying to copy everything from my paid gsuite account to my unlimited alumni google drive but have been running into errors.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.52.1

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows10 64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy gdrive:/Media/Movies ucla:/media/movies -P -v --drive-server-side-across-configs --drive-stop-on-upload-limit=true

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdrive]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"yaZnY","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"1//0uCI","expiry":"2021-01-14T22:44:55.0831295-08:00"}
root_folder_id = 0AVA
client_id = 302ne.apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret = xRT5Hadon
server_side_across_configs = true

[uclacrypt]
type = crypt
remote = uclagdrive:/secret/
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = ms

[ucla]
type = drive
client_id = 10222rpepru3.apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret = UoSJ
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"Ng","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"1//0LrA","expiry":"2021-01-14T3943469-08:00"}
root_folder_id = 0A9PVA
server_side_across_configs = true```

#### A log from the command with the `-vv` flag  
<!-- You should use 3 backticks to begin and end your paste to make it readable.  Or use a service such as https://pastebin.com or https://gist.github.com/   -->

Any idea how to fix this?

You have an old version of rclone so you'd want to update.

If you want to use server side, you need to give permissions so it can copy.

Here is an example on how to do that:

Thank you for the reply. I updated rclone and did a small test copy and it seems like it has worked. Question though, can I only copy data/movies that are in my shared drives? Currently everything from my source remote is in a normal "My Drive".

So I seem to have it all working now. I had to move my data from "my drive" to the "shared drive" and did so within the google drive ui. I updated rclone to the newest release and had to assign my alumni account access as a "content manager". I then had to change the remotes so the root_folder_id was the string of characters that is in the shared drive URL. I also had to add that same string to the team drive config section. Once I did that I was able to start copying data over with this command:

rclone copy gdrive1:/Media/Movies ucla:/media/movies -P -v --drive-server-side-across-configs --drive-stop-on-upload-limit=true

It quickly hit the daily 750gb cap and ill have to restart in another 24 hours. I have about 35tb of data so this will take maybe 2ish months.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.