Copy xlsx files from mounted Google Drive to local storage return Input/output error

I've installed rclone-v1.50.2-linux-arm.deb on a Beagle Bone Black - Debian 9.9, witch has 483Mb usable Mem.
I've configured Google Drive with "success"(can see files and copy sometimes) using:

root@BackupBot:~# cat /root/.rclone.conf
[GoogleDrive]
type = drive
client_id =
client_secret =
token = {"access_token":"XXXX","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"XXXX","expiry":"2020-01-09T15:56:47.356720425Z"}
root_folder_id = XXXXX

And mounting it as service:

# /etc/systemd/system/rclone.service
[Unit]
Description=Google Drive (rclone)
AssertPathIsDirectory=/mnt/GoogleDrive
After=plexdrive.service

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount GoogleDrive: /mnt/GoogleDrive \
   --allow-other \
   --transfers=10 \
   --dir-cache-time=160h \
   --cache-chunk-size=10M \
   --cache-info-age=168h \
   --cache-workers=1 \
   --cache-tmp-upload-path /tmp/goggleDriveTMP/ \
   --cache-tmp-wait-time 60m \
   --buffer-size 0M \
   --syslog \
   --umask 002 \
   -vv \
   --rc \
   --no-modtime \
   --read-only

ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -u /mnt/GoogleDrive
Restart=on-abort

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

I just want to connect to my drive, read only is fine, copy all of its contents (xlsx files in multiple folders) to my local storage.
If i make the copy for the first time, usually don't get any errors. If I attempt a 2nd copy lets say 2 ou 3 minutes later I got some files saying: cp: error reading '/mnt/GoogleDrive/TestingTeam/VoltEngi2 QC tracking.xlsx': Input/output error

I'm trying to copy 6 or 7 files with a maximum of less than 1Mb per file.

Am I missing something in the config file or parameters?

I've tested with an plain text file and I got no issues of this kind.

Here is the pastbin with full log (-vv option): https://pastebin.com/Nc8WxaAh

Been looking a bit more to log file and got this lines:

ReadFileHandle.Read seek failed: partial downloads are not supported while exporting Google Documents
ReadFileHandle.Read error: low level retry 10/10: partial downloads are not supported while exporting Google Documents

This leads me to belive the document is beeing converted in real time while I'm copying it? And I misunderstood some parameter?

The same files, take like 2 minutes or so to transfer when folder transfer is requested from drive on browser (633kb total zip file) .
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I believe you are seeing the known issue here:

https://rclone.org/drive/#limitations-of-google-docs

2 Likes

Ohhh, I search a lot, but to be honest hadn't got through the full rclone doc.
I see the problem. Or at least part of it.

So since I only need a working copy of the documents, rclone copy shall solve my problem?

I'll look into it. Thank you for pointing this. =)

I use an encrypted mount so never hit the issue. I think you are correct on your assessment.

That is correct. Rclone is exporting them in real time. This limits considerably what rclone can do with them since rclone doesn't know the size in advance.

rclone copy will work perfectly, rclone mount less so.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your input. I'll look a bit further in documentation and for now use rclone copy.

Just confirmation, rclone copy works very nicely for google docs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.