Copy from OneDrive to GoogleDrive quite slow

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I came here to search for similar topics about rclone's copy speed and I am wondering if I could do anything to speed up my copy (sorry, I couldn't find an answer on previous topics).

I have rclone running on a computer connected to a gigabit ethernet cable on a fast internet connection. My ISP provides me a fibre connection with 880Mbps max download speed and 497Mbps max upload speed. My latest speedtest.net test returned an average speed of 75Mbps (download) and 105Mbps (upload).

Still I am getting the following average after 4-5 days of running this full time:

Transferred:   	   40.137 GiB / 71.401 GiB, 56%, 1.383 MiB/s, ETA 6h25m48s

I'm afraid of stop the rclone copy and undo all my progress, but I'd expect this to be a lot faster (70Gb is not that much data these days). I have created my client ids/secrets as instructed as well, so I am hoping it is not throttling from Google or Microsoft.

I have provided the version, config and command that I am running bellow:

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

➜  ~ rclone version
rclone v1.59.0
- os/version: darwin 10.15.7 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 19.6.0 (x86_64)
- os/type: darwin
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.18.3
- go/linking: dynamic
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

OneDrive -> Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy "myaccount-1drive:" "myaccount-gdrive:OneDrive" -P --create-empty-src-dirs

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

➜  ~ rclone config dump
{
    "myaccount-gdrive": {
        "client_id": "XXX.apps.googleusercontent.com",
        "client_secret": "XXX",
        "scope": "drive",
        "team_drive": "",
        "token": "XXX",
        "type": "drive"
    },
    "myaccount-1drive": {
        "client_id": "XXX",
        "client_secret": "XXX",
        "drive_id": "XXX",
        "drive_type": "personal",
        "token": "XXX",
        "type": "onedrive"
    }
}%

Hi Pablo,

Your command looks fine, so my best guess is throttling by either OneDrive or Google Drive - or a combination.

It could be due to long running downloads from OneDrive or creation of a lot of small files in Google Drive (there is a relatively low rate limit) - or a combination.

My best advice is to be patient.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.