Copy files within OneDrive for Business

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm trying to copy files from my personal OneDrive for Business folder to a shared OneDrive folder, "modern group". rclone is not able to detect this drive, and using a fixed drive id gives error on copy.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.50.2

• os/arch: darwin/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.4

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

macOS Mojava, 10.14.3

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

OneDrive for Business

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync -P "onedrive:1. Business" "remote:1. Business"

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

2020/01/27 14:19:00 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.50.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "sync" "--bwlimit" "1000" "-vv" "-P" "onedrive:1. Business" "remote:1. Business"]

2020/01/27 14:19:00 DEBUG : Using config file from "/Users//.config/rclone/rclone.conf"

2020/01/27 14:19:00 INFO : Starting bandwidth limiter at 1000kBytes/s

2020-01-27 14:19:11 DEBUG : .pptx: Sizes differ (src 55456 vs dst 61683)

Config file:

[onedrive]
type = onedrive
token = <accesstoken>
drive_id = <driveid>
drive_type = business

[remote]
type = onedrive
drive_id = <driveid>
drive_type = documentLibrary
token = <accesstoken>

What do you mean by that? You seem to have set up a remote OK for it?

This looks like the copy is proceeding. How do you know it isn't working. Do you get error messages?

Yes, by finding the drive-id of the share, which wasn't that easy :slight_smile: I was expecting there might be an easier way, much like how the personal drive works. Option 5 for search, gives me errors.

Ok, I should probably have put that in another phrasing. The copying itself seems to work, but as the size differs, rclone tries to upload the file every time I try to sync the two folders.

I think this is fixed in the latest beta from https://github.com/rclone/rclone/issues/1770

Are you copying microsoft office files? For some reason onedrive changes them slightly altering their size. Check out: https://rclone.org/onedrive/#unexpected-file-size-hash-differences-on-sharepoint

Ah, that makes sense. I'm running a full sync now and it seems to work fine except for the Office files.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.