Connection string inconsistencies on beta

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am authenticating to pCloud and Google Drive using remote connection strings as documented here. Initially, the authentication succeeds and I can run commands successfully. However, if I don't make any requests for ~15 min and then try to run a command with the same exact connection string I see the error:

ERROR : rc: "operations/list": error: config name contains invalid characters - may only contain `0-9`, `A-Z`, `a-z`, `_`, `-` and space

I am seeing the same error for both pCloud and Google Drive. After restarting rclone, and again not making any changes to the connection string, the auth succeeds and I can run commands again. If I wait another ~15 min, the same issue repeats.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Beta

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Ubuntu 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

pCloud, Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

I am using remote control, one of the failing commands for pCloud is

operations/list

{
  fs: ':pcloud,token='{"access_token":"<access_token>","token_type":"bearer"}',client_id=<client_id>,client_secret=<client_secret>',
  remote: '<path>'
}

And Google Drive:

operations/list

{
  fs: ':drive,token='{"access_token":"<access_token>","refresh_token":"<refresh_token>","expiry":"<expiry>","token_type":"Bearer"}'',
  remote: '<path>'
}

The connection strings work at one point, so I know it's not a syntax error in the string. Also since restarting rclone fixes it, I am guessing this is a bug as this feature is in beta.

That is a definite bug!

Can you try this fix?

v1.55.0-beta.5350.83f81207c.fix-fs-cache on branch fix-fs-cache (uploaded in 15-30 mins)

I just upgraded to 1.55 and that seems to have fixed the issue, thanks! Connection strings is an awesome new feature btw

Great and great :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.