Connecting to my Google Drive

I am trying to set up a google drive connection via gui. If I do it on the local PC - everything goes well. An authorization window opens, I give permission and everything works. If I run rclone on a PC in the local network, then I specify the connection name, the provider type (google drive). All other windows remain blank. at the moment when the Google authorization page should open - nothing happens. I have tried several browsers. If I install rclone on my PC it works (so it's not browser dependent).

rclone v1.60.0
- os/version: oracle 8.6 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.4.17-2136.307.3.4.el8uek.x86_64 (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.19.2
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Start service:

rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-serve  --rc-addr 172.16.39.38:5572 --rc-no-auth
or
rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-addr :5572 --rc-no-auth

log:

2022/11/06 02:11:42 NOTICE: Web GUI exists. Update skipped.
2022/11/06 02:11:42 NOTICE: It is recommended to use web gui with auth.
2022/11/06 02:11:42 NOTICE: Serving Web GUI
2022/11/06 02:11:42 NOTICE: Serving remote control on http://172.16.39.38:5572/
2022/11/06 02:11:54 ERROR : rc: "operations/list": error: drive: failed when making oauth client: failed to create oauth client: empty token found - please run "rclone config reconnect dr:"
2022/11/06 02:11:54 ERROR : rc: "operations/fsinfo": error: drive: failed when making oauth client: failed to create oauth client: empty token found - please run "rclone config reconnect dr:

my ip:

Not aware you can do that to my knowledge as it requires oauth and don’t think that workflow is in the gui with the recent changes.

You can auth somewhere else and just copy the conif as a work around.

Thank you very much for your answer! Yes, I read about the ability to run on another PC and attach a configuration file. But this option doesn't work for me. I want to provide a web interface to more than 50 users. To have a simple tool to transfer your data from different storages to a single local one. It seems to me that I'm missing some key when starting. At first I thought about the key

--rc-allow-origin

I tried to check, but in this version, the web GUI does not start at all. =(

The way Google's oAuth flow works is setup to use localhost and it spawns a local port so you can't do that remotely which is the challenge/problem.

A way to wrap that remotely doesn't exist in the WebGUI.

thank you very much for your help and for your time! I expected such an answer, but I hoped to the last! =) I hope this function will appear in the future - I really liked the "rclone" tool for its implementation and functionality. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.