first of all: Please know that I did research and I did google for a very good amount of time. Plenty of stuff with flags seem confusing to me, many different opinions etc.
I just get the feeling that I read different opinions, outdated stuff and everyone is saying different stuff regarding the flags used. For example some don't use RCLONE to mount for that Purpose but Plexmount. Some other say that Plexmount sucks and you should in fact use RCLONE.
Some Mount it Read-Only because it's safer, some other claim this causes issues.
All in short: I'm confused when it comes to the flags.
I figured it might be better if I ask here, before I screw something up. I thank everyone who is willing to help me out!
Details to my Server:
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Old Laptop with an i5 CPU and 4 GB ram. Nothing fancy but it is enough for me.
- I have an encrypted rclone setup on GSUITE. I am able to Mount it on my System with a simple Mount Command.
Current Storage Setup:
- Everything is locally on a HDD and Plex scans the Directorys. The Classic way if you want to.
What I'd like to (optimal setup):
- Mount my Cloud Storage whenever I start the server on the Server and let Plex Scan it (regulary?)
- Being able to add new stuff in an encrypted way to my cloud storage (I currently use a Sync-Command every now and then)
- Only use the local HDDs to prepare new content for the upload.
- Everything under the aspect of not recieving a Ban from Google.
I hope to get some help here. Thank you so much.