Configuring more than one remote for JottaCloud

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am unable to configure more than one remote for JottaCloud. I can configure one remote with e.g. mountpoint Archive and it works OK. If I then configure another remote with e.g. mountpoint Sync, then I get a couple of ERROR messages. However, the new remote works OK, but the first one is trashed. I do not create a machine-specific API key and I select device Jotta, in both cases.
I was able to configure and run two remotes previously, up to about April or May this year.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

ubuntu 18.04

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

JottaCloud

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone config

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Current remotes:

Name Type
==== ====
Jotta-arc jottacloud

e) Edit existing remote
n) New remote
d) Delete remote
r) Rename remote
c) Copy remote
s) Set configuration password
q) Quit config
e/n/d/r/c/s/q> n
name> Jotta-sync
Type of storage to configure.
Enter a string value. Press Enter for the default ("").
Choose a number from below, or type in your own value
Storage> 15
** See help for jottacloud backend at: https://rclone.org/jottacloud/ **

Edit advanced config? (y/n)
y) Yes
n) No
y/n> n
Remote config

Do you want to create a machine specific API key?

Rclone has it's own Jottacloud API KEY which works fine as long as one only uses rclone on a single machine. When you want to use rclone with this account on more than one machine it's recommended to create a machine specific API key. These keys can NOT be shared between machines.

y) Yes
n) No
y/n> n
Username> me@gmail.com
Your Jottacloud password is only required during setup and will not be stored.
password:

Do you want to use a non standard device/mountpoint e.g. for accessing files uploaded using the official Jottacloud client?

y) Yes
n) No
y/n> y
Please select the device to use. Normally this will be Jotta
Choose a number from below, or type in an existing value
1 > Jotta
2 > pc4359
3 > pc4887
4 > scylla
Devices> 1
Please select the mountpoint to user. Normally this will be Archive
Choose a number from below, or type in an existing value
1 > Archive
2 > Contacts
3 > Photos
4 > Shared
5 > Sync
Mountpoints> 5
2019/09/03 20:41:56 ERROR : Failed saving config "device" = "Jotta" in section "Jotta-sync" of the config file: section 'Jotta-sync' not found
2019/09/03 20:41:56 ERROR : Failed saving config "mountpoint" = "Sync" in section "Jotta-sync" of the config file: section 'Jotta-sync' not found

[Jotta-sync]
type = jottacloud
token = {"access_token..."}
device = Jotta
mountpoint = Sync

y) Yes this is OK
e) Edit this remote
d) Delete this remote
y/e/d> y
Current remotes:

Name Type
==== ====
Jotta-arc jottacloud
Jotta-sync jottacloud

I think you will need to create a machine specific API key as using two remotes is equivalent to using it on two machines.

Thanks. You put me on the right track, but it's not quite that easy.

1. First, I used rclone config to delete all existing remotes and then configure the first remote (called it Jotta-arc). I got an error msg when I asked for a machine-specific API key, saying "... "section 'Jotta-arc' not found". Deleting the rclone.conf file solved that problem. This must be a bug in rclone config.

2. Then I successfully configure the first remote Jotta-arc with a machine-specific API key. It works.

3. Run rclone config again to configure a new remote (for Sync, call it Jotta-sync) in the same way as in step 2. When I ask for a machine-specific API key, I get a similar error msg: "section 'Jotta-sync' not found". Seems to be the same bug.

4. Remove rclone.conf and repeat step 3 to make a remote for Jotta-sync. That is successful and the remote works OK.

So, scratch my head and try this: make separate versions of rclone.conf for each remote I want and then concatenate them to a final rclone.conf file. That seems to work. Specifically,
cd ~/.config/rclone
rm rclone.conf
rclone config (to create remote 1)
mv rclone.conf rclone.conf.1
rclone config (to create remote 2)
mv rclone.conf rclone.conf.2
cat rclone.conf.1 rclone.conf.2 > rclone.conf

Perhaps the config script could be tweaked to handle this case?

Thanks!

I think that message doesn't matter since when you get to the end of the config it saves everything in the config file.

Can you check that for me?

(I agree the error message is very confusing!)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.