Conf file changed by rclone, all local files deleted!

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

rclone automatically adds the
drive-root-folder-id of the first User to backup from Google drive to the conf file. The following users can't be backed up and rclone deletes all local files (sync).

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Problem solved with --drive-root-folder-id "" in the batch file

That is a relatively new feature to work around other issues with the drive API. It sounds like you've found a bad interaction there - sorry!

How are you switching between users between runs of rclone?

I haven't experienced what you have (NCW will help you fix it I'm sure if you work with him on describing the problem) - but I can note for you that you can also set this variable in the config file:

root_folder_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXX

At least that way it will always be used as standard on that remote without needing to specify it in commands.

Generally - all flags spesific to a certain remote module can be put in the config (Gdrive in this case).
General rclone flag not spesific to a certain remote (like for example --fast-list) can not (yet...).
Note that flags set in config have slightly different format to those used on the commandline. See the docs for each command if in doubt, but they all follow a common pattern.

Thinking about this more, I think you are probably using --drive-impersonate is that correct?

Exactly. The command is as follows:

rclone sync User_Drives: u:\ud%%a --drive-impersonate=%%a --log-file="c:\log_rclone_users.txt" --log-level=ERROR --delete-during --config="G:\Meine Ablage\Rclone_Backup\App\warclone.conf" --drive-auth-owner-only --retries 1 --fast-list --drive-root-folder-id ""

%%a = User to backup

Regards,
Oliver

Hmm, this is something I need to fix .

Can you make an issue about this on GitHub please so it doesn't get missed - thanks