Check command returning error didn't find section in config file

I'm having trouble with the check command, and didn't find in the documentation how to sett up the config file/ what I'm missing.
Next thing I'm programming a python 3 script for for returning a message if the if all files are uploaded correctly to the cloud or not.

Version 1.49.3
OS Raspberian 32
Google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

while parent folder folder 
(Local and gdrive folders are child of current location)

rclone check source:Local dest:gdrive --one-way 

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[rpi-gdrive]
type = drive
scope = drive
root_folder_id = ####FOLDER ID###3
token = {"access_token":"#####TOKEN$#####}
team_drive =

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2020/06/01 15:37:10 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.49.3" starting with parameters ["rclone" "check" "source:local" "dest:gdrive" "-vv"]
2020/06/01 15:37:10 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/pi/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2020/06/01 15:37:10 Failed to create file system for "source:local": didn't find section in config file

That's a pretty old version of rclone so you probably want to update.

You run a check with a source and destination.

Source is normally a local path/disk so something like

rclone check /home/drive/checkhere remote:check

and it compares the source to the destination for a file check.

oh now I get it, what a stupid mistake
"source:folder " is my local folder and "dest:folder" my drive folder.

now I get this:

2020/06/01 16:19:17 Failed to check with 2 errors: last error was: 1 differences found

I'm not very expert in programming, shell, bash and python, probably would pipe that line to a string in python and check with a if or try statement if there are more than 0 differences found.

Any better idea?
Thank you

I'm not sure what your goal is and what you are trying to accomplish.

I personally use a crypt remote so I do not use check.

I'm making a upload scheduler for my time lapse project, the script should check if all pictures were successfully transferred to the drive, or re upload again if not, and finally checking before removing the pictures from local folder.

I done some manual tests, with two options, uploading while capturing and after the schedule time. This cameras produce between 1 GB and 5 GB of pictures per day.
I don't want to check manually on 5 different units.

That looks fine. Just tells you there is a difference between source and dest. The log would tell you what exactly.

For your use case, why not just use the move command which will delete the files at the source after copying them to the dest? You can then just rerun it till you get no differences reported.

yes, that the point of that command, but I should pipe that log information to an if statement to get true or false in python.
Your point is good when is working properly, but I implement some fail safe features, like if the Raspberry do disconnect, or the mounting process stop working, I made the script to find if some error occurred to pass the upload or sync function until the problem is solved. The script is running in a loop.
The last project I was personally checking the Goproes and changing sd cards every 5 days not on easy accessible places.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.