Can't use plex while scanning (+/- 100% bandwidth used)

Hi,

Everything is in the title.
When I'm scanning my libraries (with Plex Autoscan -> partial scan of my Gdrive libraries), we're basically unable to use plex and I'd like to download, upload and scan 24/7.

How do you deal with this situation ? Do you have any solutions ?

Thanks a lot if you can help me :slight_smile:

P.S : scan takes ages (even if downloading at +/- 100 Mo/s)

hi,
this is a forum about rclone, not plex autoscan.

when you posted, there was a template asking for information.
i have re-posted it for you.

STOP and READ YOUR POST WILL BE REMOVED IF IT IS LOW QUALITY:
Please show the effort you've put in to solving the problem and please be specific -- people are volunteering their time to help you! Low effort posts are not likely to get good answers! DO NOT REDACT any information except passwords/keys/personal info. You should use 3 backticks to begin and end your paste to make it readable. Or use a service such as https://pastebin.com or https://gist.github.com/

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

I know that, but it is related to rclone.
I'm not sure those informations are usefull for this matter.

the specs of the server:
1 To SSD NVMe, 64 Go RAM, 1 Gbps up/down and a Ryzen 9 3900x

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.3

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.5

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Ubuntu 64 bits focal (last version)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

By not using the template, it makes support tough as we go round and round asking the questions that are already in the template.

Without knowing what mount command you are using, it's almost impossible to answer.

Why not just use the template instead of fighting against it?

screen -L -dms Rclone rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off --vfs-cache-max-age 1m --dir-cache-time 48h --log-level INFO --log-file /Auto/log/drive.log --allow-other DriveTest: /PLEXDRIVE/

With full mode, you can limit the number of uploads with --transfers and you can also use --bwlimit-file which makes each file only use whatever you configure at but be mindful as that's in "bytes" when most internet is measured in "bits". I have gigabit FIOS and I want to ensure any 4K can stream so I use:

--bwlimit-file 16M

which works fine for my use case with the # of streams I have playing.

Scans are fast once you content is analyzed but if you change paths/move things around, it has to redo things so it's always a good idea to keep things consistent and let your initial scan run.

if you want fast plex scans, you can prime the mount before the scan
add --rc to the mount command

then run this before the plex scan.
rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true

I have another problem which is :

My upload to the drive (through radarr and sonarr) is slow (20 to 50 / 60 Mo/s at best).

I download with qBittorrent on a local path, then radarr or sonarr move the files to the drive. The problem is still there if I try to use sonarr and radarr at the same time.

In anyway, thanks for the "--bwlimit-file" command, I'll give it a try; sounds promising !

is that MB/s, Mb/s or what?

1 Mo (mega octet) = (+/-) 1 MB (mega bytes) = 8 Mb (mega bits)

you are using an old version of rclone.

can update here
https://rclone.org/install/#script-installation

Per you earlier post, are you not running 1.53.3?

What does rclone version show?

Also, 350M per file means 2,800 Mb/s which is more than two times the speed of a gigabit connection. I have mine set to 16M per file, which means ~128Mb/s so I can effectively stream 10 high rate 4Kish things if I wanted to.

Well, my bad, a friend took another version (when we did a reset) which is the rclone v1.50.2.

Indeed, but the problem is the same with 16M. I suppose the version is too old.

Edit : I saw that you were using mergefs, what's the point of using it ? I don't know if it could be useful in my setup.

I am not sure what version / what command you are using / what the actual problem is.

Can you update your information with a fresh rclone version, current mount command you are using.

Are you filling upload / download? Can you describe what your workflow is that creates the problem? The "doesn't work" doesn't provide any real way to understand what is happening and how to create the issue.

It's written on my github as to why I'm using it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.