Can't rclone mount with QNAP NAS

QNAP TS-451+ NAS Firmware 4.3.3.0127 Build 20170320
Linux 4.2.8 #1 SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux
RClone 1.36

Hi gang,

I’m guessing this is an error with the QNAP NAS itself. I’m able to mount fine on multiple iMACs using the same rclone crypt remotes and view/read my files no problem.

When I run rclone ls myshare: on the QNAP it displays my decrypted files and their information as it should. I have tried using both a shared folder on the QNAP and also a “standard” empty test folder inside my hierarchy to mount to using the following commands.

Attempt #1:

rclone mount myshare: /share/ACD &

[2] 22118 [1] Done(1) rclone mount:myshare /share/ACD [/] # Enter configuration password: password:

When I type my configuration password its shows it in plain text. I enter it and it returns the following output.

-sh: MyConfigurationPassword: command not found
[2]+ Stopped(SIGTTOU) rclone mount myshare: /share/ACD
[/] #

Attempt #2:

Here I am removing the “&” at the end of the command to run it in the background.

rclone mount myshare: /share/ACD

Response:

Enter configuration password:
password:
mount helper error: fusermount: mountpoint is not empty
mount helper error: fusermount: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option
Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: fusermount: exit status 1
[/] #

Here the password is hidden but I get the errors above. I add in RClones “nonempty” flag as requested.

Attempt #3:

rclone mount myshare: /share/ACD --allow-non-empty

Response:

Enter configuration password:
password:
mount helper error: fusermount: mount failed: Invalid argument
Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: fusermount: exit status 1
[/] #

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attempt #2 is the way to do it, but I think it failed because you still had the mount from #1 mounted.

use fusermount -u -z /share/ACD to unmount (run it a few times until it gives an error), then try method #2 again.

Thanks mate gave that a whirl but no dice. Ended just creating an Ubuntu VM and everything plays nicely as it should. Guessing a limitation of the Linux distro on the QNAP.