Can't mount with rclone - fusemount missing

Hey, I’m testing a vps server and trying to mount my acd and gdrive but my Ubuntu 16.04 doesn’t seem to have fusemount installed(?) as on mount I get fusemount exec not in $path. I checked the system and then tried installing fuse from git but rclone wouldn’t play ball with that install… I know I’m probably missing something obvious here but could someone point me to the fuse (and more specifically fusemount) that rclone uses for mounting?

Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: fusermount: exec: “fusermount”: executable file not found in $PATH

After fuse install
2016/12/18 20:02:36 mount helper error: fusermount: mount failed: Invalid argument
2016/12/18 20:02:36 Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: fusermount: exit status 1

Hi PJBurnhill,

It should be located in package fuse, which you should be able to install with apt-get:

apt-get install fuse

OTOH, if your VPS is “container-based” (ie, OpenVZ, etc) instead of VM-based (KVM, etc) you might have to contact your VPS provider and have them load the fuse module into the kernel, otherwise fuse won’t work.

Cheers,
Durval.

Ah, excellent, thank you @durval, apparently my fuse installations from other sources didn’t go that well! Now working perfectly.

Thanks again for your help.

PJ

Hi PJBurnhill,

You are welcome, and I’m glad to hear it’s working for you now.

Cheers,

Durval.