Can't list my files on onedrive

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Nothing is returned when I use rclone ls remote: on onedrive. I used to be able to use the command, but I had some throttling issues earlier that would show up when I use the -vv flag, but now it simply doesnt work and I can't see what's the issue when I debug. Though it does show the directory name in the root folder, but it does not show the content of the folder I'm trying to list its content. I don't know if this is relevant, but the folder I'm trying to list its content has ~8,000 item.

I am only experiencing this with OneDrive. Doing the same with Google Drive works fine.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

rclone v1.55.1
- os/type: darwin
- os/arch: arm64
- go/version: go1.16.3
- go/linking: dynamic
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

OneDrive business.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

$ rclone ls sci2:

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[onedrive]
type = onedrive
region = global
token = *omitted*
drive_id = *omitted*
drive_type = business

[sci2]
type = crypt
remote = onedrive:sci
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = *omitted*
password2 = *omitted*

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2021/05/31 17:42:07 DEBUG : Using config file from "../.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2021/05/31 17:42:07 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.55.1" starting with parameters ["rclone" "ls" "sci2:" "-vv"]
2021/05/31 17:42:07 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "sci2:"
2021/05/31 17:42:07 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "onedrive:sci"
2021/05/31 17:42:09 DEBUG : 5 go routines active

hello and welcome to the forum,

from the onedrive website, what do you see?

everything looks normal on the website.

so you see all 8,000 files in the sci folder?

If I scroll down far enough, yes.

that is strange.

and rclone ls onedrive: -vv, does that display the 8,000 files with their crypted names?

No.
I did some digging and found the following under "Site Settings" > " Site Libraries and Lists" > ... > "Document library settings."

The linked text in the screenshot points to: Support - Office.com

not sure what to tell you, as rclone cannot see the files.
perhaps, using the website, create a new remote and move half the files into that remote.

maybe @sweh or @ncw have a suggestion?

I moved a lot of my files to another folder so I can view the files in the original folder. I was able to move more than 4,000 files, but after that, I wasn't able to view any new file in the original folder. All the remaining files in the original folder now have names like this: "~tmp*". In the example I attached, I can see the size of each file, but when I try to download it, all the files have a size of zero. Do you know if these real files or failed upload attempts that dont have any real data?

i never saw a crypted remote with such filename prefixes or such mentioned here in the forum,
and i do not use microsoft cloud services.

sorry, i just do not know what is going on.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.