Can't list google drive's folder well

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Can't list google drive's folder well by lsd.

I have five folder in my google drive, and It can only list four well, and sometimes only two.

It happened in browser too, also two or four at first, but It can correctly list all folders maybe after few seconds.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

windows 10 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone lsd remote:

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

2020/03/10 21:07:40 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "lsd" "-vv" "--log-file=log.txt" "moebear:"]
2020/03/10 21:07:40 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\Users\moebear\.config\rclone\rclone.conf"
2020/03/10 21:07:40 DEBUG : 5 go routines active
2020/03/10 21:07:40 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "lsd" "-vv" "--log-file=log.txt" "moebear:"]

What do you mean it doesn't list them well? Do they not show up? Are they files or folders?

What does 'rclone lsf --dirs-only remote:' show as compared to lsd?

rclone lsf --dirs-only remote:
folders are the same as lsd

some folders are not show up in rclone.

I think maybe google drive reply two times, because when I use browser to open my google drive,
at first, some folders are not show up too, and after few seconds, it show up.

We'd need a log (-vv) along with output otherwise we're just guessing. Are those folders shared folders?

2020/03/10 21:07:40 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "lsd" "-vv" "--log-file=log.txt" "moebear:"]
2020/03/10 21:07:40 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\Users\moebear\.config\rclone\rclone.conf"
2020/03/10 21:07:40 DEBUG : 5 go routines active
2020/03/10 21:07:40 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "lsd" "-vv" "--log-file=log.txt" "moebear:"]
2020/03/10 21:33:42 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "lsf" "-vv" "--dirs-only" "--log-file=log.txt" "moebear:"]
2020/03/10 21:33:42 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\Users\moebear\.config\rclone\rclone.conf"
2020/03/10 21:33:43 DEBUG : 5 go routines active
2020/03/10 21:33:43 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "lsf" "-vv" "--dirs-only" "--log-file=log.txt" "moebear:"]

yes, these are shared folders.

Ah. Thats the problem. shared folders when modified can take a few to show up on the shared side. That is a google thing. You can use this flag --drive-shared-with-me to list shared folders. but you still may see the same behavior. This is a google thing and not a rclone thing though.

--drive-shared-with-me show the different folders.

The folders I want to list are added to my google drive, but the owner is others.

All folders are owned by others , and only some of them can be show up.

This is a google issue. Nothing to do with rclone. Its how shared items work. They can take a while to show up as they are changed/modified.

I am not the owner, so I can't modify it, and the folder seems no changed or modified for a few months.

Maybe wait a longer time can get the correct response?

I can access the folder by config a new remote with root folder id.

Is there any easier way to access the folder by its' folder id?

rclone is only going to give you the information google presents in the API. if the API is lacking the info so will rclone.

Usually shared folders show up after a bit of time. But if files are changed/moved by the owner it will again take time to propogate.

--drive-root-folder-id string   ID of the root folder

you can get the ID of the folder the file is in then you can use --drive-root-folder-id XXXX to access the file.

thanks for the reply.

I made a fix to how shared folders show up recently so it might be worth seeing if the latest beta is any different.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.