Can't delete empty directory because of .DS_Store

Google Drive.

When mounted via fuse, the directory exists, and its contents are empty. I want to delete the directory but I get an "in use" error from MacOS.

Also from the command line, I get a different story:

$ rclone rmdir gdrivemount:directory1
2019/11/20 00:49:28 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 2 errors and: directory not empty
2019/11/20 00:49:28 ERROR : Attempt 2/3 failed with 2 errors and: directory not empty
2019/11/20 00:49:28 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 2 errors and: directory not empty
2019/11/20 00:49:28 Failed to rmdir with 2 errors: last error was: directory not empty

Turns out it's because of the .DS_Store file that finder drops in every directory. EXCEPT running

ls -a

on your mount won't show the file.
Only:

rclone ls

will show it.

It's possible to invoke fuse with the noappledouble flag, which will prevent these files from being read/created... is there a way I can pass noappledouble to fuse with rclone mount?

Anyway, I removed .DS_Store from about 15 directories and was finally able to delete them... but I'd like to avoid having to go nuke it separately every single time.
Let me know if that is unclear, sorry if so.

Yes you can add

--noappledouble    Sets the OSXFUSE option noappledouble
	--noapplexattr     Sets the OSXFUSE option noapplexattr

Confusingly these aren't in the docs as they are macOS only and the docs are built on a linux machine. This is probably an oversight!

You should see these options if you do rclone mount -h on a macOS machine though.

Gotcha. Works perfectly.

And I know this is off topic for the thread (but not for my project)--how can I get more than 4 upload streams with rclone copy to google drive?

--multi-thread-streams is for download only, apparently, and I can't find another flag to do the trick. (I assume everything with rclone mount is single threaded, single stream?)

You can use --transfers to select how many files you transfer at once. The default is 4.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.