Cannot refresh token to connect to Google Drive

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

My token for Google Drive access is expired and needs to be refreshed, but Google complains that the rate limit for authentications from rclone has been exceeded.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.18.1

This is not the latest version, though the problem seems likely to be independent of rclone code.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone config reconnect mygdrive:

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[mygdrive]
type = drive
client_id = 
client_secret = 
token = {"access_token":"REDACTED","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"REDACTED","expiry":"2018-08-06T15:23:20.616447192+10:00"}

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2023/02/20 15:13:48 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.53.3-DEV" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "config" "reconnect" "gdrivejjb:"]
2023/02/20 15:13:48 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/roog/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
Already have a token - refresh?
y) Yes (default)
n) No
y/n> y
Use auto config?
 * Say Y if not sure
 * Say N if you are working on a remote or headless machine
y) Yes (default)
n) No
y/n> y
2023/02/20 15:13:54 DEBUG : Starting auth server on 127.0.0.1:53682
If your browser doesn't open automatically go to the following link: http://127.0.0.1:53682/auth?state=wDPPcRADn1lZPWpR5pvycQ
Waiting for code...

At this point I follow the Google Drive authorization flow, which results in an error dialog:

This dialog has been persistent -- I've tried this process many times in the hope of being on the good side of Google's rate limiting, but it looks like only nickcw@gmail.com can arrange an increase in the rate limit for authorizations.

The best thing to do is follow the instructions to make your own client_id.

Rclone's client_id is oversubscribed.

Thank you! I'd missed that in the docs; much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.