Cannot copy or sync to cloud

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

cannot copy or sync to cloud. tried google drive and mega with same error. can list fine. can mkdir fine.

when I copy manually or via rclone browser I get following error:

[newuser@manjaro Documents]$ rclone copy mj/ gdrv:mj
2019/10/14 21:04:50 Failed to create file system for "mj/": couldn't parse config item "nounc" = "tmp/" as bool: parsing "tmp/" as bool failed: expected newline

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version )

[newuser@manjaro Documents]$ rclone version
rclone v1.49.5

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.1

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

manjaro linux 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

google drive
mega

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp )

[newuser@manjaro Documents]$ rclone copy mj/ gdrv-danielc762:mj

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp )

[newuser@manjaro Documents]$ rclone -vv copy mj/ gdrv:mj
2019/10/14 21:10:33 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.49.5" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "copy" "mj/" "gdrv:mj"]
2019/10/14 21:10:33 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/newuser/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2019/10/14 21:10:33 Failed to create file system for "mj/": couldn't parse config item "nounc" = "tmp/" as bool: parsing "tmp/" as bool failed: expected newline

You have an incorrect line in your config (on the nounc it seems).

Please redact any sensitive information (like client secretand crypt keys) and show it to us (rclone.conf).

I just fixed it by removing

[local]
type = local
nounc = tmp/

thanks

It is this line that was wrong.
nounc can't have that value, it must be
nounc = true
or
nounc = false

I assume based on this that you are probably confused about what this does - and so if you want to use it you should read up on the documentation first:
https://rclone.org/local/#long-paths-on-windows

Generally though (unless you have very spesific needs and must run optional flags for it) you don't need to set up remotes for local filesystems - you can just reference them directly like:
C:\MyFiles\Somestuff

Hi

I didn't enter "nounc = tmp/"

It was already there along with

[local]
type = local
nounc = tmp/

I deleted all and everything worked find.

Then I created new crypt remote and the same lines reappeared by themselves with same errors.

I deleted again and everything working fine again.

Not sure why adding new remote creates those lines sometimes? Doesn't matter as resolved now.

Thanks

So the [local] remote appears on it's own even if you make a different type of remote?
That is weird - sounds like a bug maybe.

@ncw Do you want to comment on this? I am not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior of some kind.

thats what happened, but not made another remote so haven't checked again.

everything working fine now.

I can't replicate that - what exactly did you do @lawmanuk ?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.