Can´t use spaces in folder names. What´s wrong with my command

Hi there. I hope anyone can help me.

I am getting this error message Command copy needs 2 arguments minimum when trying to copy some files into another folder. I only want to copy new files inside a folder that already have files.

This are my commands that I use

—works——

Work without spaces in folder names and sync everything inside _CSYNC folder

rclone -vv --drive-chunk-size=512M --buffer-size=512M --transfers 8 --checkers 20 --size-only --track-renames --update sync J:/N3/M_Media/_CSYNC MYOWN_REMOTE:/M-REMOTE/CLOUD/Cloud_Media/M_Media/_CSYNC

Work with spaces in folder names and sync everythin in SBH copy (2019) folder

rclone -vv --drive-chunk-size=256M --buffer-size=256M --transfers 8 --checkers 16 --size-only --track-renames --update copy "P:/N5/T_Media/Pre/SBH copy (2019)" MYOWN_REMOTE:"/M-REMOTE/CLOUD/G_Media/T_Media/Pre/SBH copy (2019)"

—don´t work—

same as above but with one more directory don´t work

rclone -vv --drive-chunk-size=256M --buffer-size=256M --transfers 8 --checkers 16 --size-only --track-renames --update copy "P:/N5/T_Media/Pre/SBH copy (2019)/Season 19“ MYOWN_REMOTE:"/M-REMOTE/CLOUD/G_Media/T_Media/Pre/SBH copy (2019)/Season 19“

the only difference is one more directory inside SBH copy (2019)

Thank you for your assistance.

Can you put the command you are trying run in 3 of the backticks before and after and that will format as a command.

3 of ` things the line above and after

The one that didn't work works for me but not sure exactly what you typed. I did:

rclone -vv --drive-chunk-size=256M --buffer-size=256M --transfers 8 --checkers 16 --size-only --track-renames --update copy "P:/N5/T_Media/Pre/SBH copy (2019)/Season 19" MYOWN_REMOTE:"/M-REMOTE/CLOUD/G_Media/T_Media/Pre/SBH copy (2019)/Season 19"
2019/08/28 19:57:47 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.49.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "--drive-chunk-size=256M" "--buffer-size=256M" "--transfers" "8" "--checkers" "16" "--size-only" "--track-renames" "--update" "copy" "P:/N5/T_Media/Pre/SBH copy (2019)/Season 19" "MYOWN_REMOTE:/M-REMOTE/CLOUD/G_Media/T_Media/Pre/SBH copy (2019)/Season 19"]
2019/08/28 19:57:47 DEBUG : Using config file from "/Users/textere/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2019/08/28 19:57:47 Failed to create file system for "P:/N5/T_Media/Pre/SBH copy (2019)/Season 19": didn't find section in config file

try moving the quote to the very beginging before MYOWN_REMOTE instead of the middle of the path. That whole line including the name of the remote is one parameter, so you want the quotes around the whole thing typically, or at least that is the safest way. I don't know if your syntaxt is technically valid or not.

that quote is edited to show how I mean

Hi @Animosity022.

I am only using one command at once. Each of that commands is the single line I input when using rclone. This is how I do it;
open CMD window
cd.. multiple times until root of C
then cd rclone
and inside that directory i paste some of the previous commands and that´s all.

I don´t know how to make a super command that don´t need (manually) to travel all the way back to root to access the rclone folder

Thank you.

I am going to try that change in the path, thank you @thestigma

Just append the path to the executable to the start of the command
short example:

C:\rclone\rclone size MyGoogleDrive

instead of:

cd..
cd..
cd rclone
rclone size MyGoogleDrive:

If there are spesific commands or sets of commands you use often you might want to put your commands into a txt file and rename it into a .bat - then you can simply click it to run in windows. It's also a great way to automate unattended tasks.