Can someone please help

So you are running it as root and your config file would be in your /root/.rclone.conf I’m guessing.

You have your second parameter as /home/alora which means you are trying to mount to a user’s home directory? You’d need to:

mkdir /gmedia
and change the /home/alora to /gmedia

if i leave it like that it will be a problem ? as im getting error

2018/04/19 22:26:51 DEBUG : rclone: Version “v1.40” starting with parameters [“rclone” “mount” “-vvv” “–allow-other” “–allow-non-empty” “gmedia:” “/home/gmedia”]
2018/04/19 22:26:51 DEBUG : Using config file from “/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf”
2018/04/19 22:26:51 DEBUG : gcache: wrapped GD:media at root
2018/04/19 22:26:51 INFO : gcache: Cache DB path: /root/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db
2018/04/19 22:26:51 INFO : gcache: Cache chunk path: /root/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache
2018/04/19 22:26:52 ERROR : /root/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db: Error opening storage cache. Is there another rclone running on the same remote? failed to open a cache connection to “/root/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db”: timeout
2018/04/19 22:26:53 DEBUG : gcache: wrapped GD:media at root
2018/04/19 22:26:53 INFO : gcache: Cache DB path: /root/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db
2018/04/19 22:26:53 INFO : gcache: Cache chunk path: /root/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache
2018/04/19 22:26:53 ERROR : /root/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db: Error opening storage cache. Is there another rclone running on the same remote? failed to open a cache connection to “/root/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db”: timeout
2018/04/19 22:26:53 Failed to create file system for “gmedia:”: failed to make remote “gcache:” to wrap: failed to start cache db: failed to open a cache connection to “/root/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db”: timeout

That’s telling you have already have a copy of rclone running. You need to kill of the running process or run:

/usr/bin/fusermount -uz /gmedia (replace /gmedia with whatever the mount point name you used it)

finally got it woke,

/usr/bin/rclone mount gmedia: /media/Plex --allow-other --dir-cache-time=160h --cache-chunk-size=10M --cache-info-age=168h --cache-workers=5 --cache-tmp-upload-path /data/rclone_upload --cache-tmp-wait-time 60m --buffer-size 0M --attr-timeout=1s --syslog --umask 002 --rc --log-level INFO

so now my mount in /media/plex

thanks so much

1 Like

last question, whenever i need to upload some media to cloud do i need to fusermount ?

For that, you just copy as you would normally into your mount location, which based on that command is /media/Plex. Based on your cache-tmp-wait-time, it will wait 60 minutes and upload from your local storage location you have defined to your Google Drive.

sorry i didn’t get this. what im doing right now to copy files to my gmedia: is copying a single files and before copying any files i stop the mount first then i started this command line rclone copy /home/plexuser/Downloads/Speed.1994.mkv gmedia:

so you mean to copy the files i downloaded on my server to the mount folder which is /home/plexuser/ ? and this will copy direct to my gmedia: drive ?

No need to stop the mount for copying. Once the mount was successful, any further addition/modification/delete is as simple as running the appropriate touch/cp/rm in the mounted folder i.e. /media/Plex according to your configuration.

but if my mount is running the im getting error while copying the file to my drive.

2018/04/21 14:01:12 ERROR : /alora/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db: Error opening storage cache. Is there another rclone running on the same remote? failed to open a cache connection to “/alora/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db”: timeout

I believe you are running the rclone copy command for copying. As mentioned earlier, this is not required. You can simply use the cp command for copying.

Example: cp /home/user/somefile.txt /media/Plex/

yes i’m using that command ( rclone copy /home/plexuser/Downloads/Taken.2.2012.mkv gmedia: )

so now i need to do it like this (cp /home/plexuser/Downloads/Taken.2.2012.mkv /media/plex ) right so no need gmedia: to be mentioned in the command line

i tried it right now and it worked, but htop showing the command as a white color not green like before and it’s one command only before it was more like 4 to 5 lines command.

ok i have copy 2 files and nothing been copied to my cloud.do i need to change anything on that

upload-path /data/rclone ?

the file copied only if i stop the mount

Did you wait 60 minutes?

You have this configured:
–cache-tmp-wait-time 60m

so it takes 60 minutes.

Yes i have waited. But nothing copied to my drive.

So you have something configured differently then.

Please share the configuration.

you meant this

[GD]
type = drive
client_id =
client_secret =
scope = drive
root_folder_id =
service_account_file =
token = {“access_token”:“ya2”}

[gcache]
type = cache
remote = GD:media
plex_url = http://127.0.0.1:32400
plex_username =
plex_password =
chunk_size = 5m
info_age = 6h
chunk_total_size = 10g
plex_token = t

[gmedia]
type = crypt
remote = gcache:
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password =
password2 =

And you running rclone mount command from a ps.

sorry i’m a russian girl my english not that much good. but what do you mean by a ps

The linux command ‘ps’ that shows the running process:

[felix@gemini ~]$ ps -ef | grep rclone
felix     2815     1  1 Apr16 ?        02:18:43 /usr/bin/rclone mount gmedia: /gmedia --allow-other --dir-cache-time=160h --cache-chunk-size=10M --cache-info-age=168h --cache-workers=5 --cache-tmp-upload-path /data/rclone_upload --cache-tmp-wait-time 60m --buffer-size 0M --attr-timeout=1s --syslog --umask 002 --rc --log-level INFO