Can I specify the remote when using --files-from?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'd like to specify the full path (including the remote) when using --files-from.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.65.2
- os/version: ubuntu 22.04 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.15.0-1047-oracle (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.21.6
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive) Google Cloud Storage.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copyto --no-traverse --files-from /nfs/users/ved/cache/chunk /nfs/users/ved/cache/files

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

Pretty sure it's not relevant, as I'm using RCLONE_GCS_SERVICE_ACCOUNT_FILE.

A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag

As expected, it says I need to specify a remote. But, my list of paths has the full remote, so I was wondering if rclone could just use that.

Nope - you can not. It was designed as a list of filters against specified remote.

Your requirement would require different design - new flag all together.

Can I specify the remote when using –files-from?

No. It's a filter on the specified remote. You should list the files relative to the source.

Also, copyto is generaly one file at a time (actually, the docs talk about directories and I am not sure the difference from regular copy)

What is your destination?

You can achieve it by writing simple script and making rclone src remote one of the parameters read from your file.

src.file:

remote1:path1/file1
remote2:path2/file2

then script extracting $src_remote (string before :) and $file (string after :) - in the loop and excecuting:

rclone copyto $src_remote:$file destination

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.