Calibre + Rclone(Google drive)

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

The rclone mounted drive works fine but in Calibre ebook reader gives error " OSError: [WinError 1005] The volume does not contain a recognized file system". What additional parameter can i add to the mount command to make it work?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

• rclone v1.59.0
  • os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 21H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.19044.1826 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.18.3
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode full --file-perms=0777 GDrive:/ g:

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[GDrive]
type = drive
client_id = id
client_secret = secret
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"token","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"token","expiry":"2022-07-26T16:01:25.2374091+05:30"}
team_drive = 

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2022/07/26 15:52:25 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.59.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "config" "-vv"]
2022/07/26 15:52:25 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\\Users\\bekfa\\AppData\\Roaming\\rclone\\rclone.conf"
Current remotes:

Name                 Type
====                 ====
GDrive               drive

Update:
I have figured out a way to connect the mount in Calibre as a shared online folder but not as a local folder. I was assuming that any mounted folder will have the files locally as i had just dragged and dropped them into the mounted folder from an another folder.

Is this a Calibre setting?

hi,
i am trying to understand what you need help with?

i can run calibre.exe from the rclone mount

@ncw

I guess I'm using the wrong terminology here. It's under Connect/Share -> Connect to folder. That way, I can connect to the GDrive rmount and copy the files from there to the local drive folder. Issue is I want it all online, including the Calibre library, without having to downloading it offline.

@asdffdsa
I apologise if I've not come across correctly. The calibre installation is on the local hard disk. My books are on GDrive. im using rclone mount of GDrive to access the books and make a Calibre library there on GDrive, but it gives no recognised partition error. I can't figure out how other people are doing it?

so the goal is:

1. the calibre executable and the calibre library flies to be stored in gdrive
  2. access the calibre.exe executable using rclone mount

if that is the goal, i showed that up above.

in my case,
--- use the portable version of calibre, stored at d:\data\calibre
--- copy the entire dir, d:\data\calibre to remote
--- start the rclone mount
--- run calibre.exe from the rclone mount.

By "All" i meant the books and the library data not the executable file. Calibre is working fine, rclone is working fine. Its just that when i try Calibre library -> Switch/create library -> select the path to the books folder in GDrive mount to create/move/copy a library it always gives the above error. I am guessing that maybe the command to mount the rclone drive is missing something.

ok, now i understand, i was able to replicate the issue.

the workaround, add --network-mode to the rclone mount command.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.