Caching questions

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I would like to mount Google Drive as a drive on Windows. The drive mounts but I noticed that there are messages in the logs saying something along the lines of ‘file cannot change size unless —vfs-caching-mode >= writes’. I do not have the exact log right now but will add it if I need to. The file appears to transfer fine but slowly. When I try using caching-mode = writes, the file transfers very fast (due to it caching on disk) but if rclone is closed before the cache uploads, the data is lost. My questions are is there any way to have rclone automatically continue flushing data out of the cache when it is relaunched and is the data/speed affected in any way if I run it without any caching and get those errors about setting vfs caching to writes?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Latest (1.55.1)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount GDRIVE1CRYPT: Y:

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Question does not require config, will add if required

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Question does not require log output, again, will add if needed.

Depending on the app you are using, you are correct as some apps require certain modes to write files. It really depends on the app.

It would be queued for upload once the mount is restarted and should not be lost. If you have a log file, that would be best.

Ah yes, I see it is continuing with the upload after I restarted it. Don't know why it didn't before, I may have used the wrong arguments or something. Thats all I need to know. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.