Blocking access to other directories on google drive

Hello everyone. I am using rclone + google drive.
I am backing up websites on some servers.
the tree looks like this on google drive:

gdrive: MASTER / HOST1 / sites *
gdrive: MASTER / HOST2 / sites *
gdrive: MASTER / HOST3 / sites *

As I am organizing within the same "MASTER" directory on google drive, both servers have access to the same content as the other servers and all contents of the drive.

Is it possible to block each rclone from accessing only their HOST * / sites * directories without having access to the google drive general directory and the other HOST?

You can set the rclone config up with the ID of the HOST directory

In the drive advanced config you set the root_folder_id to the folder ID of the HOST directory (you can see these in the URL of the drive browser or you can use rclone lsjson to see them).

That will make the root directory be the HOST directory.

It isn't perfect as someone could edit the config file, but it should prevent accidents and casual snooping.

1 Like

I have this error when creating root_folder_id

2019/09/10 22:46:00 ERROR:: error listing: could not list directory: googleapi: Error 404: File not found:., NotFound
2019/09/10 22:46:00 Failed to lsjson with 2 errors: last error was: error in ListJSON: could not list directory: googleapi: Error 404: File not found:., NotFound

same error for rclone ls

What's the command you are running?

I apologize.
I entered the wrong directory ID.
Now it works perfectly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.