Best mount settings for streaming ( Plex )

how can i know where is my ACD located, and google Drive?

Depends on which domain you registered. If you register with amazon.com then it’s US

I think all EU ACD files are still hosted in Ireland. Doesn’t matter if it’s UK or DE.

I just checked and you are right its same.

Useful info. Looks like there are multiple regions in the US. Does anybody know how to switch the the Northern California or Oregon server?

Iam pretty sure its automatic eg with .com account you will connect to closest datacenter.

Hey guys - on a similar topic as I’m using Plex + Hetzner - BUT I have created an account on amazon.com and it seems i connect to: ec2-52-20-147-105.compute-1.amazonaws.com
This seems to be in the US.
Is there a way since the server is in Germany to switch region and connect to DE/EU/Ireland servers?

Thanks!

Try contacting support. I started with .com account but still had free trial so I opened new .de account on transfer all my data there before closing .com one. ( something to consider if you did not pay .com one yet )

I am in a similar situation. Did the connection to ACD improve for you in any way by switching to the european S3?

how do you get 308 TiB traffic out of 40 TiB data? :wink:
those are seriously impressive stats. can i ask where you get your unmetered bandwidth?

From hetzner to us amazon I get 50-150mbits
What do you guys get with UK or de accounts?

The connection to Amazon US from Hetzner is fine. Here is what I get:

That’s 100 Megabytes a second not bits

@Stokkes Are you using crypt?
Are you copying compressed files ?

Yes using crypt and copying video files

@Stokkes just rclone copy source target?
Or using extra parameters?

Yep but also add --transfers 50

@Stokkes ok with transfers 50 I get:
Transferred: 15.167 GBytes (84.725 MBytes/s)
This is split to 2-5MB/s per file.

When I do a rclone copy for one single file or through cp from mounted rclone folder I get about 20MB/sec which is more than enough even for my 4K content…
Would I get a better speed per file if I switched to EU datacenter, or it is not worth it?

Edit: Just doing single copy TO amazon (crypt) and I get 5.461MB/sec - so around 55Mbits, which is crap…
Anyone else has any number for single file copy? File to copy is 15GB so it needs about 50 minutes!

So what did we decide the best mount options were?

3 Likes

@ariusbb & @peatnik

I also had a .com account. I actually already paid for that as well. What i did was create a second drive @ amazon.de. Transferred all my data (they won’t do it for you), and called support over in the US. Explained my situation and they refunded me, no questions asked =)

@Stokkes

Yeah, it’s fine as long as you’re using multiple connections when transferring data. When playing though you just won’t get the response time and/or bandwidth you get when using the EU version since you’re using a single connection with the rclone mount.