Best mount settings for streaming ( Plex )

When you add new media it should cache that, but that is not what the script is meant for I guess.

I used it to create the cache after the 3.0 update of plexdrive which required a new cache build.

How do you get it to run in the background and stay running? I opened a screen session to run the command as every time I logged off the drive would unmount. I guess iā€™m missing something but would like to have everything in my startup script so I donā€™t have to open separate sessions to keep it all running. Sorry, my Linux skills arenā€™t the greatest :frowning:

I cannot use my google remote since 2-3 days. It caching the movie or show about 5 secs of play and it is impossible to continue with it. It stucks every second. I am using plexdrive and rclone to decrypt the plexdrive drive. How is your setup? I think itā€™s happening since I upgraded plexdrive to 3.0.0

Probably too easy of an answer but, have you deleted the pre-existing cache?

Warning: You should delete the local cache file first (~/.plexdrive/cache), otherwise, it could be that items are missing/duplicated in your mount. This is necessary because of the upgrade to API v3
https://github.com/dweidenfeld/plexdrive/releases/tag/3.0.0

Yes, I did it! It seems a different issue.

You might have same problem as me, try the V2.1.0 and see if itā€™s work for you or not, make sure delete the cache again.

Any version after that cause shutter in the playback for me and stopping the video after a few seconds.

Thanks, I will do it. It should be the problem.

Anyone have a script to auto remount Plexdrive when it goes down?

I would have a look at ajkisā€™s scripts here.

https://github.com/ajkis/scripts/tree/master/plexdrive

I have a cron job that remounts the ACD every hourā€¦

You could ls into the mount and if it gives you nothing then do the remount - this also in a cron job.

Hereā€™s an example of how to do itā€¦ https://github.com/ajkis/scripts/blob/master/rclone/rclone-mount-check.sh

i try it at first time plexdrive and the installation is finish. The cache is building and the mount is mounted with ajkis scripts. After the mount script to /media/plexdrive/ i switch in the path /media/plexdrive and this folder is empty no files no directorys?

e[36m[USR/BIN/PLEXDRIVE] [2017-05-26 12:49] INFO : Mounting path /media/plexdrive/
e[0me[36m[USR/BIN/PLEXDRIVE] [2017-05-26 12:49] INFO : Using clear-by-interval method for chunk cleaning
e[0me[36m[USR/BIN/PLEXDRIVE] [2017-05-26 12:49] INFO : No last change id found, starting from beginningā€¦
e[0me[36m[USR/BIN/PLEXDRIVE] [2017-05-26 12:49] INFO : First cache build process startedā€¦
e[0me[36m[USR/BIN/PLEXDRIVE] [2017-05-26 12:49] INFO : Processed 459 items / deleted 0 items / updated 459 items
e[0me[36m[USR/BIN/PLEXDRIVE] [2017-05-26 12:49] INFO : Processed 919 items / deleted 0 items / updated 919 items
e[0me[36m[USR/BIN/PLEXDRIVE] [2017-05-26 12:49] INFO : Processed 1379 items / deleted 0 items / updated 1379 items
e[0me[36m[USR/BIN/PLEXDRIVE] [2017-05-26 12:49] INFO : Processed 1839 items / deleted 0 items / updated 1839 items
e[0me[36m[USR/BIN/PLEXDRIVE] [2017-05-26 12:49] INFO : Processed 2299 items / deleted 0 items / updated 2299 items
e[0me[36m[USR/BIN/PLEXDRIVE] [2017-05-26 12:49] INFO : Processed 2759 items / deleted 0 items / updated 2759 items
e[0me[36m[USR/BIN/PLEXDRIVE] [2017-05-26 12:49] INFO : Processed 3219 items / deleted 0 items / updated 3219 items

i try to mount manually but the same issues.

@Floxx2k - You have to wait for the cache to finish building before you can use it.

Is there just no way to use rclone with google drive and plex at the moment without getting temp ban?

Thank you for your answer. The cache building was finish. I do this with ajkis rebuildcache script and after the mount i see the finished cache in the log.

EDIT: i run the rebuildcache script again and now works the mount path. I think it was a mistake from me.
Have one the best mount parameters for plexdrive?

@Floxx2k - I really just use the defaults. Itā€™s worked for weeks for me with ~30TB and maybe 3-5 people streaming.

1 Like

Please check out PLEXDRIVE to mount your drive
It will cache all the data needed for PLEX without any ban further on.

Rclone can be used for copy/move.
But switch rclone mount in favour of plexdrive.

1 Like

@alneven can plexdrive handle rclone encryption?

no, you need to mount with rclone (type crypt - local) your plexdrive mount

Thanks. Iā€™m aware of Plexdrive but not very happy with it. Was wondering if anyone has found any settings at all that can avoid google temp bans.

What bothered you with plexdrive, atm its only completely safe solution not to get banned.
You can achieve it with rclone mount as well but as long as you dont allow any app to scan/open multiple files at same time eg for plex updated only folders you uploaded, for radarr/sonarr disable any media analyzation etcā€¦