Best mount settings for streaming ( Plex )

Exactly. So we have to wait new pms release. :unamused:

How actually stable is the whole PMS + ACD setup for you guys? Like 1 in 5 times I try and stream, the file will just continuously load with Plex client saying its lost connection to the server. Doesnā€™t seem like Rclone is even doing anything when it happens either, it just sits there, not even trying to access ACD. This is on files that have metadata and have been analysed.

Mine is stable. Sometimes i have problem of lost connection with samsung app by orca but if i restart the stream is work fine.
Iā€™ve read the changelog of pms 1.4.1 and it seems that many music bug was fixed. Unfortunatly the update is only for premium member so i canā€™t try it. Maybe if someone have already installed the update can confirm if is working.

what can i do to prevent GSuite ā€œ(error googleapi: Error 403: Rate Limit Exceeded, rateLimitExceeded)ā€ when i sync with rclone? Something to limit the whole

Backblaze b2 seems to be unlimited as well. Did anyone try this with Plex?

Iā€™ve update to last pms public release but nothing has changed with slow music start.

did you mean MByte/s oder Mbit/s ?

The numbers are MBytes/s

Any of you guys get a weird issue when you stream using Plex from ACD, the video will play for a second, then pause saying the network isnā€™t fast enough - then itā€™ll just get stuck there?

This is a common problem with ACD. People report all the time of speed issues.

I donā€™t think that is a speed issue though, the file open up fast, then gets stuck and never downloads anymore. From what Iā€™ve read, Rclone downloads in chunks, so what Iā€™m assuming is that Rclone is downloading the first chunk of the file, then not continuing to download the rest? I havenā€™t seen anyone talk about that. Thanks for giving a worthless response though :slight_smile:

Fast enough != speed? I guess my worthless post is a cause of your worthless description of the problem.

But seriously, A simple search of this forum will indeed show that many users complain of the same problem. Its Amazon and their shitty services. Try the new --buffer-size option, it might help a little.

1 Like

It might be a shitty description but blowing me off with some general answer rather then asking deeper doesnā€™t help.

Plex (client, not the server) just says the connection isnā€™t ā€œfast enoughā€ because it isnā€™t receiving the next section of data of the video file, because Rclone has only downloaded the first chunk and then randomly decided to stop downloading the rest. It only really seems to happen when trying to access a file through Plex, as with the copy option, Iā€™m always getting a pretty decent speed (from atleast 10MB/s to 75MB/s)

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon of the client reporting that the network isnā€™t fast enough after streaming 1s of the file? Even on a 1Gbps line with a stable good connection between the client and the server? And the file never picking up and playing again, even after being paused for a long time?

Also yes, Iā€™m already using --buffer-size, using at 750MB

This happens VERY often for me, I am currently looking through the source code, I have the feeling it is somehow connected to the async reader for the buffer, but I might be wrong

Yes happens to me as well.

I donā€™t get the error message, but I frequently experience buffering on Plex after the first couple of seconds. Iā€™ll watch the info overlay on Plex and see that the buffer sits at 0 for a few seconds before it starts to fill up. Very annoying. Iā€™ve tried setting the buffer size on Plex to 500MB, but it doesnā€™t seem to help at all.

It also gets way worse for me if I am are uploading anything to ACD while trying to download (stream) to Plex. Iā€™ve tested this many times with just a simple rsync call on the mount. If I am not uploading or doing any activity, an rsync download starts, and takes about 10 seconds to start, but then I get sustained speeds on about 50 MB/s. But if I am doing a rclone copy up to ACD, my rsync call on the mount sometimes doesnā€™t start, stops at random, and occasionally will hit a sustained speed of 50 MB/s. The point is, there is not one thing to point to that one could say its a rclone problem. It just very much seems like ACD is unstable. Btw, acd_cli also gave me the same issues.

I too am having this issue

Using this now to mount and been helping a bit.

rclone mount crypt: /home/USERNAME/ACD --read-only --allow-other --buffer-size 200M --max-read-ahead 10M &

Iā€™m experience the same problem of buffer after 1sec but only on ps4 plex app. With samsung app by orca no problem. Also with ios app no problem.

Iā€™d understand the claims that itā€™s just ACD being slow if the file continued to download to the server running Plex after a little bit of buffering - but the file actually just gives up trying to download and the Plex server gets stuck trying to load the file. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m thinking itā€™s more then just a ā€œACD being slowā€ issue. Interestingly a reboot will usually solve the issue for quite a few hours.

Seems quite a few people are experiencing this.