Automounting two cloud drives using rclone

Hi,

I use manjaro with xfce. I was trying to automount google drive and onedrive on startup using the following commands:

sh -c "rclone --vfs-cache-mode writes mount googledrive: ~/my_files/GoogleDrive"

sh -c "rclone --vfs-cache-mode writes mount onedrive: ~/my_files/OneDrive"

but only the first command for googledrive gets executed while onedrive is not mounted. I guess this is because rclone is busy executing the first command for mounting googledrive. When I run these commands from the terminal I can use two separate tabs to run both commands simultaneously. Is there a way to do run both these commands automatically on startup?

What version of rclone are you running?
What's the error message when you try to mount the second one?

Why are you using systemd or something to start them rather than shell scripts?

My rClone version is rclone v1.51.0. I don't get any error message, just that onedrive doesn't get mounted. I am very new to linux so i am not familiar with systemd. I was trying to run those commands with XFCE4's "application autostart", the idea was to mount these drives when I login.

Scripts like this aren't the best way to do this "right" on Linux. But you can just add a '&' in the end of the commands and they will both run.

sleep 30

sh -c "rclone --vfs-cache-mode writes mount googledrive: ~/my_files/GoogleDrive &"

sh -c "rclone --vfs-cache-mode writes mount onedrive: ~/my_files/OneDrive &"

The Right way to do it is through systemd or similar. That's how Linux runs startup services correctly.

Hey calisro,

Thank you for your response. I tried that but I still face the same issue. I guess I'll start cracking on the systemd thing to do this properly. For now I am just using two different clients for the drives.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.